Post here your Elvis' pictures

The Elvis/James Dean "Gaint" shot

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:26 am

Image
PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:30 am

Cool picture PEP 8)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:36 am

elvispresleyfan1935 wrote:Cool picture PEP 8)


Yea, I always like the original Classic picture with Dean in the shot.

Elvis look's just as good as Dean in my opinion...for this shot....
Image
Man, he could have done this movie too !

Too bad Warner didn't wait for Elvis :wink:

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:39 pm

Kool pep, I rarely like the "what if" thing, but in this case I would have loved to have seen Elvis in this role and to see him age on screen like Dean's Jed Rink in Giant.
i believe this kind of acting (and should have gotten)
was what Elvis was seeking in his screen career)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:07 pm

Elton wrote:Kool pep, I rarely like the "what if" thing, but in this case I would have loved to have seen Elvis in this role and to see him age on screen like Dean's Jed Rink in Giant.
i believe this kind of acting (and should have gotten)
was what Elvis was seeking in his screen career)


Personally I think all three roles Dean had
would have worked for Elvis...
and would have worked without an Guitar too....
Image
As I indicated in another post "Wild In The Country"
probably was Elvis' last chance being seen as a
serious actor in the early 60's

However the marketing to promote his acting
was all wrong for this movie as can be seen in
the One sheet poster......
Image

The guitar was not needed to be seen in the poster....

Oh well, what's done is done....

Still Elvis had some light harded movies during this period which
worked for one reason or another, but certainly not up to the same
calibur as what Dean was given or would have been given if he would have lived.....

But of course we all know that... :wink:

PEP 8)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:29 pm

QUOTE -Kool pep, I rarely like the "what if" thing, but in this case I would have loved to have seen Elvis in this role and to see him age on screen like Dean's Jed Rink in Giant.




Im a massive Elvis fan, but you have got to respect what James Dean in these roles...he was Superb i very much doubt if Elvis could do better than Dean in any of these roles

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:37 pm

ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS wrote:
PEP wrote:
Elton wrote:Kool pep, I rarely like the "what if" thing, but in this case I would have loved to have seen Elvis in this role and to see him age on screen like Dean's Jed Rink in Giant.

Im a massive Elvis fan, but you have got to respect what James Dean in these roles...he was Superb i very much doubt if Elvis could do better than Dean in any of these roles


Oh sure there is No doubt James Dean
should be respected for what he did in
those roles given to him in 54' to 55'.

He was an original in his own right....
and a very talent actor for the period..

On the other side of the coin tho, in a
perfect world if Elvis would have been in
the same roles I personally think he would
have done justice in all three roles....
epecially In "Rebel Without A Cause"...

Nevertheless there needed to be a James Dean
and there was a need for someone like Elvis
in the world too.....

The thing is tho, One has to
remember Dean was a very intense
actor an took the craft very serious being
involved in acting classes in New York
worked on stage and television being
involved in serious roles from the very
begining of his career.

Where Elvis' experience was just four
movies in the 50's a few minor comical parts
on television and no acting classes....

Personally I think Elvis may have been more
of a natural than Dean in those respects in my opinion.

PEP 8)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:50 pm

PEP wrote:
ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS wrote:
PEP wrote:
Elton wrote:Kool pep, I rarely like the "what if" thing, but in this case I would have loved to have seen Elvis in this role and to see him age on screen like Dean's Jed Rink in Giant.

Im a massive Elvis fan, but you have got to respect what James Dean in these roles...he was Superb i very much doubt if Elvis could do better than Dean in any of these roles


Oh sure there is No doubt James Dean
should be respected for what he did in
those roles given to him in 54' to 55'.

He was an original in his own right....
and a very talent actor for the period..

On the other side of the coin tho, in a
perfect world if Elvis would have been in
the same roles I personally think he would
have done justice in all three roles....
epecially In "Rebel Without A Cause"...

Nevertheless there needed to be a James Dean
and there was a need for someone like Elvis
in the world too.....

The thing is tho, One has to
remember Dean was a very intense
actor an took the craft very serious being
involved in acting classes in New York
worked on stage and television being
involved in serious roles from the very
begining of his career.

Where Elvis' experience was just four
movies in the 50's a few minor comical parts
on television and no acting classes....

Personally I think Elvis may have been more
of a natural than Dean in those respects in my opinion.

PEP 8)




i sometimes wonder if James Dean survived that crash, he would have become an even greater actor in my opinion,

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:59 pm

ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS I don't doubt if Dean
would have lived he would have continued to
recieve the cream of the crop in movie roles....

On the other side of the coin I don't doubt Elvis
wouldn't have become a better actor if he would
have continued to recieve better roles to sink his
teeth into too.

Elvis noticeably improved in his acting ability
by "Jailhouse Rock"
Image
where he appeared to be almost
on the same level as Dean by this movie in my opinion.

By the time "King Creole" came around
Image
Elvis hit the nail on the head.....

Would Dean have done a better job in the same movie.....
maybe, but then again it would have been a different movie too.....

keep in mind Original plot was about a Boxer not a Singer.....
Image
PEP 8)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:26 pm

PEP wrote:ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS I don't doubt if Dean
would have lived he would have continued to
recieve the cream of the crop in movie roles....

On the other side of the coin I don't doubt Elvis
wouldn't have become a better actor if he would
have continued to recieve better roles to sink his
teeth into too.

Elvis noticeably improved in his acting ability
by "Jailhouse Rock"
Image
where he appeared to be almost
on the same level as Dean by this movie in my opinion.

By the time "King Creole" came around
Image
Elvis hit the nail on the head.....

Would Dean have done a better job in the same movie.....
maybe, but then again it would have been a different movie too.....

keep in mind Original plot was about a Boxer not a Singer.....
Image
PEP 8)



im not going to argue about this cause im a big Elvis man aswell, James Dean was brilliant at what he did & remember he only made 3 pictures and he died before 2 of them came out, why would he still be remembered today if he only made 3 pictures?

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:52 pm

ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS wrote: im not going to argue about this cause im a big Elvis man aswell, James Dean was brilliant at what he did & remember he only made 3 pictures and he died before 2 of them came out, why would he still be remembered today if he only made 3 pictures?


ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS I didn't think we were
arguing about this?? :smt014

I think we are both in agreement James Dean
was a great actor.....

My comments about Elvis were just that ...Comments..

Not directed at you persay, just in general....

I was writing out loud about Elvis not getting his due
and just pointing out a few things opinion wise.....

Nothing more... :wink:

PEP 8)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:56 pm

PEP wrote:
ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS wrote: im not going to argue about this cause im a big Elvis man aswell, James Dean was brilliant at what he did & remember he only made 3 pictures and he died before 2 of them came out, why would he still be remembered today if he only made 3 pictures?


ELVIS-PRESLEY_1969-VEGAS I didn't think we were
arguing about this?? :smt014

I think we are both in agreement James Dean
was a great actor.....

My comments about Elvis were just that ...Comments..

Not directed at you persay, just in general....

I was writing out loud about Elvis not getting his due
and just pointing out a few things opinion wise.....

Nothing more... :wink:

PEP 8)



Alright mate its cool, i just don't like to see James Dean degraded, he did well in all 3 roles that he was in. and Elvis also had the ability to go that far aswell but was misused in Hollywood, shame really