Post here your Elvis' pictures

September '70 Tour Candids!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:54 pm

Can anyone of you out there tell me when/ where these were taken!? Thanks in advance!

ImageImageImage

Mobile, Alabama, September 14th

ImageImage
ImageImage

When I went back to Paul's Elvis page, to provide you with a link http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... oit70.html for this next (undated by Paul) image, I found that he had uploaded an alternate (#3 image)! So, you can imagine my suprise when I laid eyes on it :lol: Thanks Paul!

ImageImageImage

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:15 pm

For some reason I thought the top three images were taken Nov/70 in San Fransico, though I'm probably wrong.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:27 pm

Joe Car wrote:For some reason I thought the top three images were taken Nov/70 in San Fransico, though I'm probably wrong.


Hey man, if you can follow that theory up, by all means, do so! Any creative input, is always appreciative! Get back to me, okay! Cheers! Thanks for the reply!

Re: September '70 Tour Candids!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:09 pm

I once read a lenghty story about the Mobile candids told by one of the fans in the photos. I can't find it now. Anyone know what I am talking about? But I actually remember the location to be Las Vegas. The girls getting invited up to the suite. And somebody saying, that no photos could be taken, but Elvis posed with them anyway.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:26 pm

Melanie, I remember reading the same article, I wish I could find it. Funkman, I will try to find out where I've seen that info about those pictures.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:31 pm

I stand corrected, according to the book Elvis a Celebration, the top photos look like Phoenix, Sept 9/1970, though the photo's are in b/w in the book.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:47 pm

According to Bud Glass' Behind The Image Vol II the top three photos should be from Los Angeles July 9, 1970 as Elvis chartered a jet to take him to Las Vegas.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:38 pm

His hair and sideburns are too long for July.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:56 pm

Leroy wrote:His hair and sideburns are too long for July.

Yes, these pictures are after July of 1970.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:11 pm

I'm wrong on both counts, in Elvis a Celebration photo, EP has a shirt on ( I can't believe I missed that) :oops: with what looks like the black karate gi from 69, the top at least, and Parker doesn't have anything in his top pocket. One thing about it, our guy looked great in all of the photo's!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Joe Car wrote:I stand corrected, according to the book Elvis a Celebration, the top photos look like Phoenix, Sept 9/1970, though the photo's are in b/w in the book.


I always thought that these represented Presley's arrival in Phoenix!

ImageImageImage

And the following in Detroit, September 11th!

ImageImageImage

I'm fully aware that #2/ #3 are the same shot!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:38 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:
Joe Car wrote:I stand corrected, according to the book Elvis a Celebration, the top photos look like Phoenix, Sept 9/1970, though the photo's are in b/w in the book.


I always thought that these represented Presley's arrival in Phoenix!

ImageImageImage

And the following in Detroit, September 11th!

ImageImageImage

I'm fully aware that #2/ #3 are the same shot!


You're right Funky. The third picture on the right is the one that's in the book.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:13 pm

Is it possible that the picture of Elvis in the blue two-piece were taken not on arrival but on departure. On one of the pics I see Joe coming out of the car with a brief case.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:22 pm

Great pics! Thanks! :wink:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Yeah, those upper three photos are definitely from Phoenix. In my copy of the third photo you can see a Airport car with the city name Phoenix on the door.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:23 am

bripet56 wrote:Yeah, those upper three photos are definitely from Phoenix. In my copy of the third photo you can see a Airport car with the city name Phoenix on the door.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56


Then would this mean that the images are from Elvis' departure (10th September) from Phoenix, enroute to St. Louis!

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:55 am

thefunkyangel wrote:
Joe Car wrote:I stand corrected, according to the book Elvis a Celebration, the top photos look like Phoenix, Sept 9/1970, though the photo's are in b/w in the book.


I always thought that these represented Presley's arrival in Phoenix!

ImageImageImage

And the following in Detroit, September 11th!

ImageImageImage

I'm fully aware that #2/ #3 are the same shot!


Are these images of Elvis leaving the International??

ImageImageImage

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:52 pm

Those are great photos. I love looking at him.

Was Parker always present during his arrivals ?

Why are Diamond Joe and the other guy (is that Jerry Schilling?) wearing the same model sunglasses ?

Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:50 am

Yes Funky, those last three photos are Elvis leaving for Phoenix on September 9, 1970.

And those other are then from his arrival in Phoenix later in the day.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56