Post here your Elvis' pictures

Brian/ Little Sister!?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:20 pm

What do you know about this Audubon Drive 'photo' session!?

ImageImageImage

Re: Brian/ Little Sister!?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:24 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:What do you know about this Audubon Drive 'photo' session!?

All I know is, all that pink makes it look like a little girl's bedroom !

Re: Brian/ Little Sister!?

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:28 pm

ColinB wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:What do you know about this Audubon Drive 'photo' session!?

All I know is, all that pink makes it look like a little girl's bedroom !

Gee, I thought for a minute there you'd answered my question :roll: ! Brian/ Little Sister, the question still remains ... !

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:29 pm

These may date from July 1956, around the time Lloyd Shearer visited for a magazine assignment.

DJC

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:32 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:These may date from July 1956, around the time Lloyd Shearer visited for a magazine assignment.

DJC

Thank you, drjohncarpenter, now we're getting somewhere :lol: !

brian/ little

Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:56 pm

... Im not that great on dating pix, like Brian, but the photographer was Memphian Robert Williams. And yes, Doc, it looks like the summer of 56...

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:07 pm

Hi GR. That damn Williams guy again! Where in the heck are the Shearer pics?

DJC

brian/ little

Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:56 pm

... They will turn up, one day, Doc...
When puttin together the Shearer material for the Memphis Lonesome book,I only had two of his color images. The ones sitting down with Gladys. About 10 years later 5 more color shots became available thru a Dutch photo agency. They were original 2.5x 2.5 transperenciies, from the 50s. One was used on the front of Theres Always Me- 1, another on the back [ purple jacket] one on the cover of Shock Rattle book, another inside Rock n Roll years book, and the last one on Trevor Cajiaos Talking Elvis book cover... Collect them all!

... So lets hope for the remaining "lost"ones . Hey ho! Theres a incredible color shot, bare breasted, done by Shearer, in the Peabody hotel room! I had used it in a Dutch book, published in 77, but when working on Memphis Lonesome, 10 years later, I didnt think about using it a 2nd time around :roll:

...I still have it! Punk meets gay! Go figure that out.... 8)

Re: brian/ little

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:00 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:Collect them all!

I already have!

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:...I still have it! Punk meets gay! Go figure that out....

It's lucky that "GG" or "squirrel" aren't around anymore, they'd really freak out over that photo ...

DJC

brian/ little

Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:21 pm

... Any of my book titles you dont have?! Man, you make me blush...

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:31 pm

Man, here I am off for work for a couple of hours and when I get back here you´ve all been busy discussing my favourite subject. :lol:

Great Man.

I don´t know any exact date for those pix. All I can say is that they´re from the summer of 1956. A fact that you´ve already reached. The pix are from after July 4, 1956 as Elvis' bed is placed against the side wall and not under the window in the room.

You´ll see in "Elvis Presley 1956" by Marvin Israel that the bed is placed under the window as it is on the Wertheimer photos from July 4, 1956. So sometime after July 4, 1956.

Anybody got pix from Elvis' bedroom from later in 1956?? Maybe we can nail it down to a smaller period of time.

When were any of the pix first published ????

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:44 pm

bripet56 wrote:The pix are from after July 4, 1956 as Elvis' bed is placed against the side wall and not under the window in the room.

You´ll see in "Elvis Presley 1956" by Marvin Israel that the bed is placed under the window as it is on the Wertheimer photos from July 4, 1956. So sometime after July 4, 1956.

It's not that easy !

Vernon used to move the bed around quite a lot for Gladys to vacuum.

The Wertheimer pics or these pics could have been taken while it was temporarily out of position.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:58 pm

And perhaps they changed the beds especially for these photos? Even the table is in two different positions in those two bedroom photos.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:15 pm

Cool pictures FunkyAngel, thanks for posting them.

Re: brian/ little

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:15 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Any of my book titles you dont have?! Man, you make me blush...

I still need the first one, and 1993's The Voice of Rock and Roll.

DJC

brian/ little

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:15 am

... If ever a find a copy of Elvis, Echoes of The Past [1976] I will pass it on to you, Doc. Its far from great, but it was my first try out...

...The Voice of RnR was a quickie, done when I was broke... Used lots of left overs from previous books... Its all 50s, and not bad, considering it was done in only 1 take :lol:

... Why its the rarest of all the titles Ive done, I dunno? 15-1800 were made.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:58 am

I don't know anything about these photos. Other than I so admire his bedroom. I have never been a pink lady myself, until recently, when I understood that I could own the pink, it wouldn't have to own me. hehe Maybe Elvis felt the same?

These are all the photos of Elvis' bedroom I have. I am guessing that it it the 3rd shot that was referred to earlier in this thread. Sorry, I don't have a date for any of them.

Image Image Image Image Image

Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:15 pm

Hehe, I know exactly what you mean Little Sister. The day simply doesn´t have enough hours.

Great pix, I never saw the one of Vernon and Gladys on the bed with all the packages, probably filled with mail to Elvis.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56