Post here your Elvis' pictures

Tupelo - 29th December, 1970 Candids!

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:48 pm

Looks like 'cilla in that second shot! Also, this same attire looks as though it was worn the night before in Memphis, at Sonny's wedding! The belt may be the same as the one in James' new candid!
ImageImageImage

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:09 pm

Are you sure these pictures are not taken on the same day as Sonny's wedding? Elvis is wearing exactly the same, even the police flash light is showing on the left picture (he was carrying this flash light entering the wedding), his hair is sitting the same way.....

Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:58 pm

Leroy, there are other pics credited to the 29th, with Elvis in this clothing, getting his Tupelo sherrifs badge on Pauls Elvis Page.

I agree with what youre saying though - it's very rare for Elvis to wear the same clothes two days running.

Could it be that one set, ie Sonny's wedding, were taken close to midnight on the 28th, and then the Tupelo set were taken the next morning before Elvis went to bed?

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:37 pm

Well I have another problem regarding the woman on the second picture. If that is Priscilla she must have had her hair cut during the night time because on the picture it is relatively short. And it must have been grown back to its normal length is just two weeks because during the Jaycees Nomination on January 16th, 1971 she had long hair again. What about that! Pretty mysterious huh?

Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:47 pm

Great photos. I love looking at Elvis.

That is a long flashlight!

Anyway re: hair. Extensions?
But I don't think that was available in 1970 right?
Maybe the lady in the right candid donated some hair.
The color matches.
Last but not least, I don't think that's Priscilla.
I can't put my finger on why.
Maybe it is because I have never seen a photo,
where they are posing for a fan.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:24 pm

That's my point too. I'm doubting the fact it's Priscilla.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:32 pm

Leroy wrote:That's my point too.
I'm doubting the fact it's Priscilla.

It isn't.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:35 pm

Here are two more - 1st image courtesy of http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... f1270.html

ImageImage

Re: Tupelo - 29th December, 1970 Candids!

Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:45 am

thefunkyangel wrote:Looks like 'cilla in that second shot! Also, this same attire looks as though it was worn the night before in Memphis, at Sonny's wedding! The belt may be the same as the one in James' new candid!
ImageImageImage

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those glasses are not flattering. he looks much better in the "naked eye" profile shot on the left.

Bad choice, those shades. They looked bad on Elvis, and worse as part of the "uniform" of so many Elvis-wannabes.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:51 am

Leroy wrote:Well I have another problem regarding the woman on the second picture. If that is Priscilla she must have had her hair cut during the night time because on the picture it is relatively short. And it must have been grown back to its normal length is just two weeks because during the Jaycees Nomination on January 16th, 1971 she had long hair again. What about that! Pretty mysterious huh?
How about a wig (very common with women those years) Leroy? Really looks like her. Petite also (height)...

Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:22 am

geez, even in 1970, it seems Elvis is putting on weight in the stomach allready

and i agree, thats not Priscilla

Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:18 pm

No, that´s NOT Priscilla, I´m sure

O.S.

Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:42 pm

That's definitely not Priscilla.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:43 pm

Cool pictures, I haven't seen these I don't think.