Post here your Elvis' pictures

My Memphis photos

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:49 am

http://www.suaveharv.com/groovyelvis.htm

I've put them on line at last - a year later!

Might bring back some memories for those that's been ;-)

Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:25 am

That was awesome! Well done. It may have taken a year, but worth the wait. How'd you get the shot of the long couch in the Graceland living room from the angle that you did? A little rope-jumpin'? Congrats on a fine album, and thanks for sharing...

Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:21 am

Awesome pictures thanks for them :wink:

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:17 am

Super cool!!! :smt023

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:33 am

Great photo's! Thanks for sharing them. The last time I went to Memphis I also went to New York but never bothered to catch up on the Elvis sites. Wish I had now. The Warwick Hotel photo in the same steps as Elvis is fantastic....ala Abbey Road. 8)

Wed Mar 22, 2006 12:12 pm

Great shots, Richard! But why are the photos all over to the right? At least they are on my screen!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:51 pm

Great pics!!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Delboy wrote:Great photo's! Thanks for sharing them. The last time I went to Memphis I also went to New York but never bothered to catch up on the Elvis sites. Wish I had now. The Warwick Hotel photo in the same steps as Elvis is fantastic....ala Abbey Road. 8)
About 7 years ago I stayed at the Hilton in New York, and when I looked out the window from my room, I saw The Warwick! At first I thought where have I seen this before? Lol!!

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:07 pm

Wow your pictures are really awesome. How did you get such great photos without the ropes??? How did you get to even sit on the bottom step to upstairs?? (no rope showing there either) You have some really good close=ups that I sure could not get!!! Do you know someone on the inside that left you go in when nobody else was there??? I know a lot of questions Huh? ha ha.

You have some of the best pictures I have ever seen and yes I was there and know without a flash it is hard to get such wonderful pictues. Thanks for sharing... Dovey :)

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:57 pm

Thanks for all the compliments. Glad you like 'em.
I should add I photoshopped the rope out of the last but one picture on page two- but that's the only trickery involved. We had the house to ourselves for two hours. There were only about three other people in there.
Try and grab a weekday 4pm tour out of season. It was fantastic! The staff are happy and joking because the day's nearly over, and they don't give a flying f*ck if you go up and down the stairs 20 times.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:21 pm

I'm not 100% sure about the jumpsuit, but is it possible, that it is the Indian Feather Suit that he wore on June 10, 1975 in Memphis??? :D

Wed Mar 22, 2006 9:32 pm

Disco!

It is the 'Indian Feather' (or 'Boulevard') suit.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:24 pm

Impressive work Swithin :shock:
Some cool jumpsuit close-ups...

Cheers, RJ

Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:49 pm

Super kool Richard, thxs fer sharing..

Re: My Memphis photos

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:06 pm

Swithin StCleeve wrote:Might bring back some memories for those that's been ;-)

Nice pics !

Anyone ever told you that you look like Nick Berry ?

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:27 pm

It's usually either Nick Berry, Michael Ball or Jeremy f*cking Clarkson.
I don't mnd the first two too much . .

;-(

Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:16 pm

Swithin StCleeve I like what you did, thanks for sharing your pictures...you had some cool idea's which really worked out well....

Great job ! :smt023

PEP 8)

Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:19 am

Yes, thanks for sharing them :wink:

Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:44 pm

Hey, these pictures are great and bring back memories. I´ve been to Memphis for the third time in August 2005 and I really love seeing pictures of the places I love so much, like Graceland, Sun, Midsouth, Baptist Memorial, etc. :cry:
Thanx again!

O.S.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:45 pm

How unbelievably cool!!

In what part of the year did you go? I would like such a tour too man!
Is the staff really that relaxed in that part of the year, that they don't give a damn and that you can actually come in the livingroom?

In that case, I know when I'll be going....and that isn't in August of January.

p.s. did you ask the staff what is upstairs? Is everything locked or, as a rumour goes, is there nothing left except a couple of boxes?

Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:21 pm

[quote="Stitch"]you can actually come in the livingroom?
quote]

. . . I wasn't that excited!

Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:45 pm

LOL! :lol:

But hey, English isn't my mothertongue, so don't be too critical on me :oops:

Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:42 pm

Stitch wrote:LOL! :lol:

But hey, English isn't my mothertongue, so don't be too critical on me :oops:

No probs ;-)

We didn't get any special favours in the house. The guards weren't very impressed with me sitting at the TV room bar as it happens, but whatever as our US chums say.

Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:17 pm

loving those photos