Post here your Elvis' pictures

pic of Elvis and Rick Nelson

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:01 pm

Was just watching Teen Idol, a Rick Nelson biopic. There is one scene where Rick and Laurie Collins meet Elvis in California, in some sort of Club, and there was a photographer who takes a picture of them. Did this really happen? I've never seen one of them together.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:37 am

There is no picture of Elvis and Ricky together. They met each other several times and even played football together at one point, but a photo of the two together has never turned up. I'm sure that if one existed it would have turned up now in one of the Nelson box-sets or in one of the documentaries about him.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:36 pm

Oh that's right, wasn't it Nelson' old lady who use to come down and drag her old man's arse (ass) of the football field, because she was afraid he'd get hurt! What a domineering old mole, she was :roll: !

Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:53 am

No it was Pat Boone's mother who did that,
not Ricky Nelson's mum
bob

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:24 pm

Ricky met Elvis in Feb '57, when Presley was filming "Loving You." He may've also visited when Elvis played two shows in Los Angeles that October. The Nelson archive may hold pictures of these meetings, but they've not surfaced to date.

DJC

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:56 pm

elvis2594 wrote:No it was Pat Boone's mother who did that,
not Ricky Nelson's mum
bob

You mean his wife, don't you?

Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 am

You mean his wife, don't you?

You are correct. Pat needed to stay pretty, or else!

DJC

Tue Apr 18, 2006 5:26 am

I don't think your pic exists.

However, here is a somewhat tacky pic that stays on topic.

Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:11 am

I think Yvonne Lime said Ricky and Elvis met when he did the Pan Pacific show in an old article I have. I also think Ricky couldn't stay for the whole show and had to leave...

And in other news, I hate Pat Boone...anyone who changes the lyrics of "Long Tall Sally" when recording it because they consider the lyrics to be inappropriate *cough*PAT BOONE*cough* is a dork...but I love his song "Moody River" and I watch "April Love" and "State Fair" (more so for Ann-Margret) when they're on...ok, so it's a love hate relationship.

- Stacy

Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:45 am

You would think that after almost fifty years, a photo would have popped up somewhere if it existed. At this point it's highly unlikely a photo was ever taken of our guy and Ricky Nelson.

what magazine stacy !!!!!!!!

Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:25 am

Firstly may I say it was Pat Boone's mother not his wife that use to call him home when playing football with Elvis and his mates
Secondly, tacey, you had better place the title of the magazine and part of the article about Rick seeing Elvis in concert in 1957
regards bob

Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:41 am

I got your email, Bob--and for those who are wondering were I pulled that Yvonne Lime comment from, it's from a magazine in my personal collection. You can read the article online at my website because I transcribe just about any vintage article sent my way or that I buy about Elvis for fans to read:

http://elvis.fan-sites.org/library-58-0 ... ure-2.html

- Stace

Re: what magazine stacy !!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:06 am

elvis2594 wrote:Firstly may I say it was Pat Boone's mother not his wife that use to call him home when playing football with Elvis and his mates
Secondly, tacey, you had better place the title of the magazine and part of the article about Rick seeing Elvis in concert in 1957
regards bob

With all due respect sir, It was NOT Pat Boone's mother unless she was putting in long distance calls from Nashville to California. By the time Pat was playing football with Elvis, he was an old married man, having eloped almost a decade earlier.