Post here your Elvis' pictures

What about this one

Sun Mar 05, 2006 12:31 pm

While surfing on the net, I came across this article. Has anyone of you alreaddy seen it before.
Did some research and I am convinced it is not a fake.

The head was obviously King Antiochus I of Commagene (or his son I'm not sure )

Has anyone of you visited that place . It's a touristic attraction in Turky

I must say I'm intrigued by it.

For the moment I'm googling and found some intresting facts about the Kings life . It becomes almost scarry there are so many facts of his life and person in strong ressemblance with our Elvis.

Keep you up to date.

I have asked a question on a middle east travel forum, there you can find my question and I hope very soon some answers

http://www.hat.net/forum/travel/index.php

section middle east

Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:53 pm

I saw this article many years ago and I am still amazed. Maybe I can watch the statue on my vacation there this summer.
8)
O.S.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:32 pm

Very interesting I havent never seen that before thanks

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:46 pm

Old Shep, If you happen to visit the statue, check it out and please tell your story afterwards, will you :wink:

Sun Mar 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Riley, sure I do.This could be the world´s best Elvis imitator. :lol: :lol:

O.S.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:40 am

Old Shep wrote:Riley, sure I do.This could be the world´s best Elvis imitator. :lol: :lol: O.S.

Well, first anyway.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:24 am

when i looked up the guy without the word elvis...the picture i got was similar to the one with the bearded statue...but it was more clearly focused on the bearded guy.

i also found a site that mentions the statues are of the king and several greek gods.

two of the statues that are said to look like elvis (the headdresses are different, meaning people think two statues are of elvis)...

i think the youthful faced statues are the gods. so i have a feeling that the 'elvis statues' are supposed to be depicting gods.

suddenly, the whole elvis is god thing doesn't seem so far fetched, as his features are eerily similar to some depictions of greek gods.

which of course how elvis' looks have always been described. he indeed had the looks of classical male beauty.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:09 am

Elvis babe you have said this so beautiful. Thanks for the good explanation. So the bearded guy will probably be the king Antiochus en the Elvis look alike will be a young greek God.

I think Elvis would have liked the article and he would have been fascinating with the story, to bad he didn't have the chance to see it himself.

I think it must be scarry to see your own face that clearly in such an ancient statue.

I think he would have told all his friends and probably Larry Gellar would have been urged to find him all the books possible about Commagene and the statues :)

Old shep, indeed you're right. He is a good imitator and he even doesn't need a manager of a fancy car or something :wink: :wink:

Riley

what about

Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:58 pm

... These photos have been in the media, since Elvis his arrival in the scene, 1956! I have a scrapbook, dating back to the late 50s, with these photos...

Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:18 pm

Really?????

Well a friend of mine mentioned me also today that she saw the article on display in Graceland.

In a closet drawer. But she was not sure if Elvis saw it during his lifetime or that it was put by EPE in Graceland a couple of years after his death.

So probably Elvis must have seen those articles. :!: :!:

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:00 pm

The resemblance is unfrickincanny.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:20 pm

A thread about Elvis and a statue and Maurice hasn't contributed! I'm staggered! :wink:

Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:50 am

yup, that's clearly elvis

sometimes when i look up at the sky, i see stalin, zappa, hendrix & to be honest: if i almost close my eyes, i can read the new paul auster book ... i even once wanted to buy a burger but then again, i didn't feel that hungry when i saw "mother" theresa's face depicted in it ...

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:57 am

I think it looks a bit like Elvis