Post here your Elvis' pictures

Original, unpublished candid from June 13, 1972

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:00 am

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid-central/evansville72.html

Backstage at Robert's Memorial Stadium in Evansville, IN on June 13, 1972

Thanks to Steve for the photo - Steve writes, "This is a scan of an original, unpublished candid. The photo was taken backstage before Elvis went on by a friend of my family who was an Evansville City Police Officer and was working stadium security that night off-duty. He took the photo for my oldest sister who he was dating back then. From the story he tells Elvis gave him a look like don't do that again after the flash went off! Then after a few moments walked over and asked him if the photo came out ok? The original photo is a polaroid and is safely tucked away in my collection. I think you will find that not one single photo from that day has ever surfaced, in fact it is the only photo of that day that I have ever seen and I have lived in Evansville my entire life! My mom and both sisters were at the show and took many photos that have been lost since 1972...all that survives are this polaroid and the three ticket stubs."

Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:05 am

Interesting story, Thanks for the picture Paul

Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:27 am

Great, as usual, Paul. Thank you!

DJC

Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:11 am

Paul, thank you very much for sharing this unique piece of history. Not only because another piece of black space is filled now but also because my tour lists is more updated now. In almost all tour lists another piece of wardrobe is mentioned but this picture sets the record straight.

Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:18 pm

Congratulations on the upload, Paul! You always come through with the goods! Well done and keep up the good work! Cheers!
I always ask myself, when is this jig-saw puzzle (ie unseen images/ unreleased recordings etc.) going to finish, but in actual fact, it never will!

Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:09 pm

Interesting story, for sure. Makes you wonder how many stories similar to that one are out there from other people at other venues over the years.