Post here your Elvis' pictures

Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:21 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:These three shots of Elvis are undated, but if you look at the filename, it gives you a clue to the actual date - 560701034ig!
For those who can't work it out, the date is the July 1st '56! It also hints to the fact that there is a minimum of thirty - four shots! Same moment in - time, perhaps! Elvis was in town (Memphis) on this date! Also, I am trying to back - track my movements, so I can give credit to these shots! For the life of me, I can't remember what web - site I lifted them off! Have no fear, I will endeavour too!
ImageImageImage

elvis in memphis

Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:34 pm

... Hi Funky! The barbershop pix are the classics shot by Lloyd Shearer. See Brians comments... Underneath those, in the car, are from the same day[ my guess?] as hes wearing the same pink shirt as seen on manny of the Shearer photos that Ive used in my books. Though Im not 100% sure these are by Shearer as well? When I bought his photos, back in the 80s, I found out a lot of his color pix were missing from the collection. Maybe these here are some of the missing links??? Shearer couldnt remember... He was already in his early 70s, when I visited him in Hollywood. Nice work, Funky!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:36 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff, are these the ones!?

ImageImageImageImage

More shots from the hairdresser!

ImageImage

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:40 am

I made these as thumbnails! If you want normal size, I will upload them for you!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:57 pm

Hi drghanem!

Yeah I remember your visit in the controll-tower some 10 years ago. Nice to know you´re out there still gaining knowledge about Elvis. You won some TV-quiz about Elvis, didn´t you? I seem to remember something about that.

Seems like we´re a number of Swedish (and Danish) fans on this board.

The ultimate Rock´n´roll book! Hmmmm! Don´t think that one will ever be printed as new information and photos comes to light almost every week.

Sincerely
Brian

http://www.brian56.dk

http://www.fly.to/brian56
[/quote]

elvis in memphis

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:38 pm

... Thanks for the offer, Funky, but I have most of the Shearer pix as 8x10s, from the original negs... But its ever so nice to ask! The 2 color shots I found later thru a photo agency here in Holland. Theres some more. One of him sitting on a chair in a eye hurting purple jacket, two, sitting down with Gladys, and a couple of head&shoulder shots in a green jacket... Some of these I gave out to a one time "Friend", to make copies, and never got them back... Elvis changed clothes several times during the Shearer photo shoots, so I cant help but think, these were made during 2 days, and not just a single day...? And the "in the car" ones, would fit in nicely...? The jacket hes seen in, isnt visible on any of the other photos I have, or have seen... Interesting stuff!

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:51 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff, thanks for the reply! Very interesting information! 1956, up until now, I had often overlooked, but I have recently disected that year and the more I look into it, the more I realise, it was basically, his greatest year!

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:39 am

I believe Elvis spent his time over at Bripet56 house during mid July of '56.
Master Yoda Bripet56 was showing Big E his Jadi belt powers - "Size matters not, as long as you wear the buckle to the left".

Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:16 am

ROCKABILLY MAN wrote:I believe Elvis spent his time over at Bripet56 house during mid July of '56.
Master Yoda Bripet56 was showing Big E his Jadi belt powers - "Size matters not, as long as you wear the buckle to the left".

You REALLY DON'T like Brian do you, Rockabilly Man? :wink:

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:29 pm

Heehhehehehehehe let the games begin :twisted: