Post here your Elvis' pictures

Elvis' arrival to Hollywood(?)

Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:50 pm

Here are a few pictures that I think are from Elvis' arrival to Hollywood for the filming of Love Me Tender. Am I right? In any case - Elvis looks really good. Radiant in every way!!

Enjoy!!

This picture reminded me of the fligthscene in Nixon & Elvis. Funny!! :D

This picture is actually edited, notice the people missing in the background. here it is unedited, but cropped.

Image Image Image Image Image
Elvis for President - yep, sounds pretty good!! 8)

Image Image Image Image Image

Are there any color pictures of this shirt? I would love to see if what color it was! Also are there any closeups of the belt knuckle? 'Cause it looks like it says Elvis at the bottom. but it might just be me seeing things that aren't there.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:50 pm

Little Sister!

Many great pics from Elvis´ arrival in Hollywood on Aug 16, 1956 at 9:15 p.m.

Will try and post a color pic of this shirt. Don´t know if I succeed.

Brian
http://www.brian56.dk

Re: Elvis' arrival to Hollywood(?)

Little Sister wrote:Are there any color pictures of this shirt? I would love to see if what color it was! Also are there any closeups of the belt knuckle?

There is a color photo on the cover of the Camden LP Elvis (CDS 1201), released in England in 1981. The shirt is black with red stripes.

There is a close-up of the belt in the book 1956 Reflections. It is indeed an Elvis belt with his name on it, and also titles of his songs.[/img]
Last edited by The fool on Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hot Damn!

I did it :D

Brian

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:54 pm

Fool!

Any chance for posting a pic of the LP here?? Thought I had the pic of the shirt but mine has green stripes on a black body.

Sincerely
Brian

Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:56 pm

I just edited my previous message with the photo. It seems he had two different shirts with the same design, then.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Fool!

NIce pic. Having greyscaled the red and the green pic and compared with the black/white ones I tend to believe you have the right colour.

Another point is that your pic is very likely from the LMT-period while mine is supposed to be from Texas.

Sincerely
Brian

Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:12 am

Little Sister, what would we do without you! Thank you so much for the uploads! To tell you the truth, I had only seen a couple of your pics published and, up and until now, I never knew the exact date/ place! This is one of the things I love about this FECC Picture Forum, is that I am learning so much about 'candids', which is a god - send as I am a historian (this is all I have done, my entire life!) on all things 'candid' ie.. Elvis photo's!

Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:30 am

Thanks for you replies and help guys!!

And funky, I am happy to be able to help you. You have been posting some pretty great candids here for a while now, so it's about time you should be treated with something. I'm glad I can do that for ya!! :D

Brian - that was the picture I had been looking at. but I wasn't sure if it was the right shirt. Now I see that is is the same model, and maybe the right color... And thank you Fool for showing us the other shirt. Very cool to be able to see them both in color.

Here are a few of the red shirt that I had laying around on my harddrive.
Image Image Image

PS. Brian, what were you doing on the computer at that time? You should have been watching Melodifestivalen!! :wink: You were missing out!!

Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:01 am

Hehe, Little Sister, when it comes to Elvis and Melodifestivalen Elvis will win every time, as he will at most other incidents as well.

And there is no doubt at all that it is the red and black shirt he wore at his arrival in L.A. on August 16, 1956.

Sincerely
Brian

PS. Did you notice I have put new story on my website. From July 11, 1960 at the Fairgrounds

Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:23 am

Yes I did, and I have never seen that particular picture before... or read the story behind it. I used to think that they where taken after Red West's wedding, so it was nice to find out when it actually was.

Please keep posting those old newspaper clippings, it is great for us that otherwise never would have the chance of ever reading them!! :smt003

BTW, the right songs went to the finals!! 8)

Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:27 am

glad you liked the pic and story. will put some more pics on the websites shortly. as well as new stories.

The right songs never win, haven´t you learned that long time ago Little Sister. hehe

Sincerely
Brian

Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:28 am

and at last I found out how to get an avatar. My favourite Elvis pic, He´s just .....................

Brian

Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:39 am

bripet56 wrote:... mine is supposed to be from Texas.

And it appears to be a later date, circa 1957, around May or June.

DJC

elvis arrival

Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:13 am

... The striped shirt poses were part of the many 20thCentury Fox photo sessions done at the time of LMT... 3 in color and 1 in bl&wh can be seen in my book The Rock n Roll Years, from a vew years back... None of you bought it, I guess? Im preparing a new title that will include many of the photo sessions done for Fox in 56...

Sun Feb 19, 2006 1:42 pm

You´re so very right about the LMT photo sessions Ger. And I DO have the book, as I have most if not all, of your great books. It was you who started my career as an authour of Elvis-books.

Sincerely
Brian

Re: elvis arrival

Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:13 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:The Rock n Roll Years, from a vew years back... None of you bought it, I guess? Im preparing a new title that will include many of the photo sessions done for Fox in 56...

You guessed wrong. :D I have them all, and I´m really looking forward to your next escape... er, release. So I trust some of these photos will be in that book in much better quality???

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

elvis arrival

Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:51 pm

... OOOOhhhh SSShiiiit! Although I have most of the ones you posted above, still several I see for the first time! Theres just no way I can do "complete"photo sessions in the book... There are far too many. Anyway, anybody out there who can post a photo of Elvis with Dennis Hopper? He and Nick Adams dropped in during the rec session of Were Gonna Move... By the way, Elvis his shirt [ made by a fan] was pink, and brown pants, acording to reporter John Maynard, who attended the session. "Isnt it something? I look like a doctor in a Technicolor hospital!" was Elvis his reply, when asked about the shirt , resembling that of a hospital jacket.

Re: elvis arrival

Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:23 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... his shirt [ made by a fan] was pink... resembling that of a hospital jacket.

Yeah, I have always loved that strange looking shirt. Too bad there isn´t any color photos. Or is there?

By the way, I have this rare photo from a French magazine. I don´t remember ever seeing a photo of this shirt. Does any of you know the date of this photo? Could this be from the September ´56 sessios? There are photos from September 1st, but could this be from other dates of this session?

Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:03 pm

never seen this one "fool" looks like a v neck sweater, mmm wonder what color?. and on Little Sister's pics note the guitar/watch he's wearing in the 12th. photo.....
later Elton ^j^

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:58 am

Great pictures, now for some video of Elvis' arrival in Hollywood

Los Angeles Airport - August 16 1956

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:01 am

Awwsome pics thanks alot for them:)

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:01 am

Hard to get cooler than that! :smt023

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:16 am

Keith F wrote:Great pictures, now for some video of Elvis' arrival in Hollywood

Los Angeles Airport - August 16 1956

Keith, thanks again for the video. Who knew that it would take place on the anniversary of his death.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:27 am

little sister and The Fool you two did a great job in finding these pictures..... :smt023

The one I enjoyed the most was from the recording session, now that one really blew me away because of the type of sweater Elvis was wearing, which for sure appears to be a rareity for him.....

Keep up the great work ! :smt041

PEP 8)