Post here your Elvis' pictures

sunglasses on stage

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:15 pm

I'm looking for pictures of Elvis on stage with his famous sunglasses.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:17 pm

You may find a couple of shows in 1974, but it seldom happened. Seems every Elvis impersonator thinks that he wore them on stage at every show.

Nothing was farther from the truth.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:10 pm

Right, the pictures I have are from 1974.
I saw some pictures a long time ago but can't find them anymore.
Please post them here or give the link to the website.
Thanks

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:21 pm

He didm't actually wore them during the course of the show, only while entering the stage during the September/October tour and during some karate moves in Las Vegas.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:34 pm

Rob wrote:You may find a couple of shows in 1974, but it seldom happened. Seems every Elvis impersonator thinks that he wore them on stage at every show.

Nothing was farther from the truth.

That´s because it´s a good way to disguise the fact that they´re not really look like Elvis in the face.

Regards Björn

Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:41 pm

Rob wrote:You may find a couple of shows in 1974, but it seldom happened. Seems every Elvis impersonator thinks that he wore them on stage at every show.

Elvis wore sunglasses in the Aloha concert don´t you remember? Also in some parts of the CBS special.
That´s why impersonators always use sunglasses. :P

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:08 pm

Renan wrote:Elvis wore sunglasses in the Aloha concert don´t you remember? Also in some parts of the CBS special.

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. He did not wear sunglasses during any part of the Aloha Concert or the CBS tv special. He did wear sunglasses during a studio interview while discussing the upcoming Aloha show, but that was all - he did not wear them on stage at these shows!

Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:50 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:
Renan wrote:Elvis wore sunglasses in the Aloha concert don´t you remember? Also in some parts of the CBS special.

I'm sorry, but you are incorrect. He did not wear sunglasses during any part of the Aloha Concert or the CBS tv special. He did wear sunglasses during a studio interview while discussing the upcoming Aloha show, but that was all - he did not wear them on stage at these shows!

:shock: :lol: :lol:

Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:21 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:

I can't be sure, but I believe Senor Renan was just joshin' when he typed what he typed.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:33 pm

KHoots wrote:
Big Boss Man wrote:

I can't be sure, but I believe Senor Renan was just joshin' when he typed what he typed.

I don´t know what is joshing and Senor. :shock:

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:38 pm

Senor is foreign for Mister.

Joshing/Joshin' is simply another word for joking.

Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:43 pm

ColinB wrote:Senor is foreign for Mister.

Thanks. :wink:

Yes I was joking.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:48 am

From the cd "Spanish Eyes" E walks out onto the stage with his glasses on but takes them off before the show starts :D

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:08 am

ColinB wrote:Senor is foreign for Mister.

Thanks, Colin, for the translation. I will be more careful next time! :D

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:13 pm

My apologies then :oops: .....I shall give myself 10 lashes with my monkey's tail as punishment :shock:

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:20 am

Found one...

Rich

Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:30 pm

Here's a couple more....

Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:31 pm

Thank you :)