Post here your Elvis' pictures

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:44 am

What a GREAT collection. This is the man who just recorded Elvis Is Back, plus several KILLER singles. Wow.

Here's the corrected image:

DJC

Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:07 am

wow Doc, thanks!

What would we do witout your
superlative ability to flip a picture.
:D

Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:02 am

OK, I better do this fast, so I get to work on time. If I get late for work I will hold all the Elvisfans responsible... can anyone back me up on that? :D

Here the getting-in-the-cab-and-looking-cool-picture inbetter quality, but with a marks on it. Anyone with photoshop can remove them though! ;-)

Image Image

And some of the car while they were leaving
Image Image Image

Brian - I would love to see them, once you have a scanner. But there is no rush, "den som väntar på nått gott" :D

I have about 12 pictures of Elvis on the train, that I will try to post later tonight. OK, I really better go now. I am glad that you all enjoy the pictures though!!

Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:29 am

Have put 2 images from March 1960 on my new website which I´m working on right now.

Nothing fancy yet. Will have to develop the site along the way, learning how to make it better looking.

However, 2 pics from March 1960, just click on "Flashback" button on left side.

http://www.brian56.dk

Sincerely
Brian Petersen

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:30 am

I have been busy for the last couple of days, so I haven't been able to check in here for a while. I am working to earn money for a planeticket to Australia, where I plan to stay for a year, to work and travel with a friend. So right now it feels like I am working 24/7.

Thank you for your post Brian. I am really excited about your website, it seems so promising. I know you have a lot of treasures at home that we would love to get a peek of!! :D (the car page looks very promising, it allready served me with a lot of interesting and useful information!)

The 2nd photo you have on your flashback-page I have wondered about a lot. I could never decide on whether it was taken in 54-55 or 57. Elvis looks as slim as the early years, but his hair was as curly as long as 57. So it was great to find out the story behind it!

BTW, you mentioned before, that right after Elvis came home from Germany he was wearing his clothes from the fifties. It would be fun if you could show us some photos from the 50's that shows him wearing some of these clothes!

Anyway, here are the promised photos of Elvis on his trainride to Los Angeles, CA. Date: April, 20th. Purpose: Getting to Hollywood to start production of GI Blues. Soon this gorgeous mess of hair would be gone!!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:53 am

Hi Little Sister!

Great pics. There were a few new to me.
Glad you like my website. I just updated with behind-the-photo info on the pic from March 14, 1960

Sincerely
Brian

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:18 am

Interesting read Brian!! I got a chuckle out of "Robbie Williams, who is something of a sensation himself"... ;-)

I see you date the -58 photo as December 26th, while Elvis Day By Day says he visited the show in Frankfurt on the 27th. Is this a typo or what makes you date it differently?

http://elvis.fan-sites.org/gallery/ Has two pictures in high quality that I believe are from this date too. I post them here in resized. What are your thoughts?

Image Image

Also I have this - do you think it could be from this date also?

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:59 pm

Hi Little Sister!

WOW, you seem to be able to find a lot of rare pics from almost any situation. I have 5-6000 original photos of Elvis as well as thousands on my computer but you still manage to impress me with new pics.

Just keep ´em coming. I love it.

The pic on the Graceland front porch is definitely from the same date, March 14, 1960. I´m not so sure about the other two. I´m at work right now and don´t have access to my photos so I can compare. Will do that when I get back home in the afternoon and report back here. That is, if Telia have repaired the problems they have with my internet-connection.

The reason I dated my photo as Dec 26, 1958 is that I have the date from a german internet side about Elvis in Germany. I didn´t check if it was the same date as in "Day-by-Day" Will check the german website again.

Sincerely
Brian
(in Mörrum)

Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:04 pm

These pictures are classic and very much appreciated. I can't believe how great EP looked when he came back from the army.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:06 pm

I am glad you like them Brian. I just noticed however, that the other two photos could not possible be from the same time as the others. 1. There is no snow. 2. No cameras were allowed inside of Graceland. But if you could fit them into another date, that would be great!! :D

PS. Never trust Telia!! ;-)

Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:03 pm

Hi Little Sister!

The second pic of your last portion is from April 18, 1960 at Union Station before Elvis boarded the train for Hollywood.

I´m not too sure about the third pic.

Sometimes it´s good to have a job with internet connection. Still haven´t got my internet connection back (damn Telia) but I have two new stories to upload on my new website as soon as I´m online again.

Little Sister, is it OK if I use one of your pics from McKellar Lake on my website as your copy is slightly better quality than mine?

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:23 pm

I'm not sure if we missed this one! I hope you like it!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:58 pm

Funky! What a question is that! I hope you like it???

No, we don´t like it, we LOVE it
Any info on the pic?? It is of course taken on the front porch of Graceland before he left for Hollywood but who is the elderly lady in the pic??

Thanks man
Brian

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:51 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:I'm not sure if we missed this one! I hope you like it!

Brian, then what about this one!

March 14th !! ?

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:46 pm

Brian - Thanks for dating the 2nd picture for me. This is cominbg along great... You have all this information in your head that you have to get out somewhere, preferably on your website and on this board. Please share!! :D ;-) Oh yes, I noticed that you allready used the McKellar-picture, no problem!! Go right ahead and use it, I don't mind at all.

Funky - great two pics. When I saw the first one I just went WOW, it looks frickin' good. And the 2nd one, wow!! It reminds me of the video of Vernon and Gladys at Graceland for winter of 1957.

Thank you all for your posts!!

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:02 am

Little Sister, you are most welcome! Does this shot look like falling snow!

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:07 am

Indeed it does. On both of the photos allready shown from March 14, it is snowing. So I would think that the last picture is from then too. Ofcourse he could have been wearing the same outfit on another snowy day... but what where the odds of a picture beeing taken then?

Godd night!! 8)

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:01 am

Funky & Little Sister!

The colour pic and the snowy pic are both from March 14, 1960 however the pic on the front porch with the elderly lady is probably not from same date.
See how Elvis is wearing something under his shirt? On the other pics we only see his bare chest. But here he´s wearing something under the shirt and the hair doesn´t look the same either.
It´s also that thing he´s wearing around his waist (don´t remember what it´s called). He doesn´t wear that in the photo with the lady.

So I´m almost certain it´s from two different days.

Sincerely
Brian

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:01 am

bripet56 wrote:...It´s also that thing he´s wearing around his waist (don´t remember what it´s called)...

A cummerbund (sp?). Who else but Elvis would strap on one of those just to hang out?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:52 pm

Little Sister wrote:Indeed it does. On both of the photos allready shown from March 14, it is snowing. So I would think that the last picture is from then too. Ofcourse he could have been wearing the same outfit on another snowy day... but what where the odds of a picture beeing taken then?

bripet56 wrote:The colour pic and the snowy pic are both from March 14, 1960 however the pic on the front porch with the elderly lady is probably not from same date.
See how Elvis is wearing something under his shirt? On the other pics we only see his bare chest. But here he´s wearing something under the shirt and the hair doesn´t look the same either.
It´s also that thing he´s wearing around his waist (don´t remember what it´s called). He doesn´t wear that in the photo with the lady.

So I´m almost certain it´s from two different days.

Yes you are right Brian. But I was talking about the two pictures that we have agreed on being from March 14.

Image Image

But yes, I was probably being a bit unclear. Sorry!! :oops:

Also, speaking of a bare chest. Wouldn't it be cold being out in the snow just wearing that? "No pain, no gain", huh?!! This is the same guy that wore a knitted shirt at a pool party in Jailhouse Rock. Only Elvis could pull a thing like that off and at the same time be the coolest guy there!!

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:03 pm

Here are some photos of Elvis in rehearsal with Ol' blue eyes, his daughter an Col. Parker.

Image Image Image Image

Note how stylish Elvis looks compared to Rat-Pack-Frank. 8)

I have always loved the shirt Elvis is wearing here. Also from the rehearsals of the timex show.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Enjoy!!

Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:29 am

Little Sister!

OK, then we agree once again :D

Yes, there are many great pics from the Sinatra show. And you´re right, Elvis did look so very much cooler than Frankie and the rest of the gang.

Elvis could wear anything at any time and look soooo cool compared to other men.

Brian

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:12 am

I need to put the galleries those pictures are in at my site back online. I have it set up so that you can see the movie ones whether or not you're registered--but to see the other ones you'll have to register. I only have the 50s galleries up. And if you want to post anything from SSGS, feel free. Share whatever you want. That is what they are there for.

Anyone want to see larger versions of these (Elvis and Frank-zilla, scroll below the article)?

http://elvis.fan-sites.org/library-60-0 ... ONICA.html

I can try and get them online tomorrow evening?

- Stacy

Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:24 am

Look what I made out of complete boredom from 2 of the photos that were posted by Linda:

- Stacy