Post here your Elvis' pictures

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff, Elvis' March 1960 image!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:43 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff, I loved your description on his appearance, pre G1 Blues! The european influence was most evident! It was a shame it only lasted a few short weeks!

Courtesy of ElvisUnique.com
Courtesy of Paul's Elvis Page
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ans60.html
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... tes60.html
Courtesy of Chogenki.com

Any chance of dating these for me, pppppplease )!

Tallhair

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Wham bam! You keep us surprised, Funky! Never seen the bl& white ones! Maybe on the train back from Miami? Please post them all on our running topic, if possible? Its getting a bit confusing having to go from one to another, for us older people... GREAT stuff! The color one, with handmike, is on the way up to Miami... Color one, stepping out of train, arrival in Memphis, after the journey back from Miami ? Wearing a clean shirt for the ocasion ?

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:16 pm

The b&w 'train' shots - plus others from the same time - are in one of those books Flaming Star put out. 'I Was The One', 'If I Can Dream' or one of them - can't remember which one.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:52 pm

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff, thanks for your most valuable input, in regards!
(below) On the way to record in Nashville?
IMO, the bottom two pics are from the exact same moment/s in time!

Tallhair

Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:54 pm

...from the bottom of my heart, Funky : your contributions to this site are priceless, magnifico, frikkin brilliant, and more!

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:49 am

A couple of years ago I was working on a design for box of the complete Elvis Is Back-sessions... so I collected a ton of early-1960 pics. Around 200, maybe a little less. Let me know what else you would like me to post.

ENJOY!! :D

Here are two more from the Graceland gates. All I know is that they are from the month of March.
Image Image

And here is one more from the day when he left for Nashville

Wearing the same outfit as on the previous picture. But I don't know where they were taken.
Image Image

One more at the gates of Graceland:

And finally - I believe the picture Ger was refering to earlier
was taken onboard of the railroad car that Elvis rented to go from Nashville to Miami (March 21). Along with these
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

EDIT: I forgot to thank you funky for the picture you allready posted. Many of them I had not seen before! Thanks!

Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:22 am

WOW, many new pics here. Thanks Funky and Little Sister

Brian

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:48 am

Little Sister, I could just kiss you! Thanks a million for these shots! The photo shown below is the one I brought (well, a copy of it!) from 'cathielvis', off eBay! My jaw just dropped when I first saw it! Cheers!

Tallhair

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:43 pm

Good gawd, theres so much stuff thats all new to me! LS, are you a designer [mentioning that Elvis is Back box... just curious...] Love to see alternate pix to the one used for E is B album cover... I have one in bl& wh myself. I believe Tunzi used it in color, for one of his books... Any chance buying these march 60 pix as glossies, or high resolution copies? Where do I go to find info? Love to do a book one day, on these huge quiff days, in early 60... A lot of his clothing seem to come from his pre army days. He left a lot of his new bought [ 58- early 60] clothes behind in Germany...

Tallhair

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:52 pm

... Okay, spotted the sites inbetween some, and on the actual photos... Pfff... dont know if I can get myself together visiting those. With the little energy I have nowdays...

Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:43 pm

Great pics!!

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:15 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Little Sister, I could just kiss you! Thanks a million for these shots! The photo shown below is the one I brought (well, a copy of it!) from 'cathielvis', off eBay! My jaw just dropped when I first saw it! Cheers!

That is an awesome pic, and one I had not seen before. Very interesting, especially the then-barren backdrop across Highway 51. And, how about that hair?!

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:38 pm

KHoots wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:Little Sister, I could just kiss you! Thanks a million for these shots! The photo shown below is the one I brought (well, a copy of it!) from 'cathielvis', off eBay! My jaw just dropped when I first saw it! Cheers!

That is an awesome pic, and one I had not seen before. Very interesting, especially the then-barren backdrop across Highway 51. And, how about that hair?!

The hair is very weird.....

Re: Tallhair

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:06 am

I'm glad you all liked them!! I'll post some more here:

Image Image Image
If indeed Funky is right about his asumptions, there are at least three more pictures from this time, avaleble at http://elvis.fan-sites.org/gallery/ But I don't want to post them here, as I think you should all register on Stacy's wonderful site and take part in all the great photos she has there.

More pictures from what Day By Day believes to be March 7.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by Little Sister on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:08 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:LS, are you a designer [mentioning that Elvis is Back box... just curious...] Love to see alternate pix to the one used for E is B album cover... I have one in bl& wh myself. I believe Tunzi used it in color, for one of his books... Any chance buying these march 60 pix as glossies, or high resolution copies? Where do I go to find info? Love to do a book one day, on these huge quiff days, in early 60... A lot of his clothing seem to come from his pre army days. He left a lot of his new bought [ 58- early 60] clothes behind in Germany...

Well I don't have designer as a profession, but I plan to study it at university. I never got really pleased with the design I came up with for this project, so I put it on hold. I wanted the design to be fresh, but instead I got stuck with brown. I hope to revisit it one day though...

I don't have an alternate photo of the one that was used on the front of EIB, but I have 13 more pictures from that particular photo session. Would you like me to post them?

I have no idea on where to find glossies of some of these pictures. I know that a few of them where featured in one of Bill E Burk's books, and that they belong to one of the Memphis newspapers. A book about this short period would be a dream, and a definite buy. Even if I would be a poor student at the time of a release!! LOL Anyway, otherwise I would guess Ebay would be a good place to be. But I am sure you know much more than I do, about these kind of things.

I hadn't thought of the fact that a lot of these clothes where from his pre-army days, I need to take a look at them again.

I'll try and post a few photos from his March 7, pressconference tomorrow. I love the photos from the pressconference 'cause they show so many sides of Elvis. He is beautiful and cool at the same time, and you can tell by the pictures that he is still sad over the loss of his mom, but happy to be back on American ground. Or maybe I am overanalysing them? LOL Never mind, I still like them.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:10 am

Hi again Little Sister!

The three top photos of the last ones you sent were shot aboard the Sunset Limited on Elvis´ way to Hollywood. Pics are from April 19 as far as I can tell from my other pics.

Elvis departed Memphis on the 18th (see Funky´s colour photo of Elvis at train in his first portion of pics in this thread) in a very lightblue shirt. He arrived in Los Angeles on the 20th (see colour pic from same first post in this thread where Elvis is being interviewed) The black/white pics from inside the train in same first post are from April 19th as well.

By the way, I have 4 colour and 5 b/w photos from same photo-session as the three on your post Little Sister. Bought from Ken Kenison, the photographer in 1982.

Sincerely
Brian

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:52 am

Courtesy of TCB - World!
This is the first time I have seen this (an un-edited shot!) Hell, you can even see his boots! IMO, I am pretty sure this is late March, early April!
Same hat!
He even wore it down in Miami for the rehearsal with Sinatra!

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:19 am

Thanks to all. You're spoiling us, :D

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:45 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:This is the first time I have seen this (an un-edited shot!) Hell, you can even see his boots!

And the car seats are still covered with plastic. :D

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:55 pm

Here is the same pic as above, but without watermarks. You can find more pics from the same session from here: http://elvis.fan-sites.org/

I think it's the best picture site on web. Requires registration.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:13 pm

Patori, thanks man! I appreciate the upload!

Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:59 pm

Brian - thank you so much for dating some of these pictures. I never knew that so many of them where taken on the same train, just different dates. Would you like to show us the glossies you're talking about? Doesn't need to be high quality, just something small so we can see what is out there. Don't tease us with just this information!! ;-)

FunkyAngel - Here is one more picture of Elvis in his Cadillac.. The earliest it can be taken is March 24, as I believe that was the date of the Stuck on You/Fame and Fortune-single, which can be seen in the hands of two of the fans.

These pictures seem to be from the Rainbow Rollerdrome in Memphis. And as far as I know there are two possible dates for it, March 19 or April 9. Do anyone of you knowe hat date is was? Or do you have more pictures?
Image Image Image
(last one, courtesy of http://elvis.fan-sites.org/gallery/ - a site that I still encourage you to visit!)

When would you say that this one was taken? April 18? Or maybe not in the spring at all?

I will post the pressconference pictures another day. I don't want this topic to die out of overload... Better to take it easy!! :D

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:54 pm

sh*t, I always thought there was only one - ever shot of Elvis driving through the gates to Graceland, now there is two!!! Thanks heaps, Little Sister!

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:37 pm

Arrival in LA!

Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:23 am

Little Sister, I´d love to show some of my pics here but I don´t have the on my computer and at the moment I´m out of a scanner as well. I hope to get a new one in a couple of weeks and will be glad to scan them and mail some here.

Funky, the last two of your 5 pics were just red crosses on my pc.
The first photo of Elvis arriving in LA is a mirror-image. Elvis entered the cab through the right side back door as can be seen in "The Great Performances, vol II" The odd thing is that I have a photo of Elvis through the backdoor and somebody is sitting in the left seat in the back. However, when you see the cab take off Elvis is sitting in this left seat!!! Did the other person get out of the cab or what happened to him???

The 1960´s actually isn´t my Elvis-period and I´m not so good at dating pics from this period but I´ll give it a go whenever I can.

Sincerely
Brian