Post here your Elvis' pictures

Anybody have more shots from these Clambake photo shoots?

Sun Feb 05, 2006 4:41 am

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:09 am

The last picture of Elvis is the grey shirt is a fake. The head is from Clambake but the body is from a 1957 Jailhouse Rock publicity shot

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:17 am

Hi Leroy do you have access to the original 57' shot ?

PEP 8)

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:25 pm

I will look into that. In the meantime compare Elvis' head with the picture on the sleeve of the Clambake album....

Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:55 pm

Leroy wrote:I will look into that. In the meantime compare Elvis' head with the picture on the sleeve of the Clambake album....

Leroy I now have done this plus have looked at the picture in question, the head shots are slightly different, taken seconds from each other is what it appears like.....
ImageImage
At the same time the picture in question when one looks at his watch it looks more like it is from the 60's not the 50's as I have looked at the shots for the Jailhouse Rock promo's....Neverthless you could still be right.

Who ever modified this one did a pretty good job but I do suspect you could be right because of the shadow on Elvis' right side does look at little odd to me.

What made you suspect this picture was faked?

Have you seen the body shot before? As I did feel after you brought this up the body shot may have come from the Jailhouse Rock period however its not the case from the pictures I have seen thus far.

PEP 8)

Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:02 pm

After taking a run trough my files I came to the same conclusion as you. My reply about half of this picture being from the Jailhouse promo session goes up in smoke.

But I still believe this picture is modified. The reason for that can be found in the shirt he's wearing. At first I saw a resemblence with the white Jailhouse Rock shirt because of the fabric. But at this point I am wrong. It's not the kind of shirt he would wear during this period in his life (1967).

Just as you say both pictures seem to be taken only seconds after each other. Only his smile changed a bit. It's impossible to change clothes without messing up your hair and then take almost the same pose. Does it make sense?