Post here your Elvis' pictures

'Spring Fever' with Dean Nichopoulos ( ( !

Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:25 pm

I was some what interested in reading this flyer, but that quickly faded when I saw that small '77 candid of Elvis and Dean! It is the first time I have seen another 'alternate' candid from Binghamton, New York, in a very long time! Yes, I knew straight away it was from 26th May!
ImageNotice Dean's shirt!

I, for one, would surely listen to what he had to say, so long as it wasn't sugar - coated dog sh*t! Oh BTW, hope you liked the 'new' candid! Just another piece of the jig - saw ) Cheers!

Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:32 pm

"Okay Joe, keep your hands behind your back, no sudden moves or my left finger gets twitchy"

Re: 'Spring Fever' with Dean Nichopoulos ( ( !

Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:57 pm

I was searching old threads when I came accross this one. My question is did Joe have a TCB ring like Elvis'? You can see one on Joes' hand and I was wondering if he was holding on to it for Elvis or if he had one also?

Thanks,
Greg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:02 pm

Funky - as always very much appreciated Funky

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:10 pm

E-Cat....Any idea about the ring?

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:13 pm

I couldn't help but notice that it appears to be 11:10 PM at the time of that last photograph.

Where were you at 11:10 PM on May 26, 1977?

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:19 pm

One of the things that bothers me in this photo is his distended belly. The belt buckle is skewed, facing somewhat downward (or so it appears to me). His colon would cause him so much discomfort.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Vissie wrote:One of the things that bothers me in this photo is his distended belly. The belt buckle is skewed, facing somewhat downward (or so it appears to me). His colon would cause him so much discomfort.

Yes, he does not look well at all.

Surprisingly, the Binghamton shows were fairly good for the period. Sadly, the Philly show on the 28th shocked many, and we all know what happened at Baltimore the next evening.

Bad times.

Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:29 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Vissie wrote:One of the things that bothers me in this photo is his distended belly. The belt buckle is skewed, facing somewhat downward (or so it appears to me). His colon would cause him so much discomfort.

Yes, he does not look well at all.

Surprisingly, the Binghamton shows were fairly good for the period. Sadly, the Philly show on the 28th shocked many, and we all know what happened at Baltimore the next evening.

Bad times.

I know it upsets *cough some people cough* if I show any type of emotion on this mb, but it does sadden me when I think of what Elvis was going through at the time.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:44 am

gwsells.
Yes, he was holding on to the TCB ring for Elvis.

Eivind

Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:43 pm

Elvis always took off the TCB ring before the end of a show, to stop his fingers getting cut from handshakes, people trying to grab the ring etc etc, and I guess Joe was given the ring to look after. I'd always assumed Charlie would keep hold of it, but it clearly got given back to Joe to look after for Elvis.

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:30 pm

he does look bad in the front-on view, but the side-on shot where he is smiling he looks quite okay - only a few seconds apart
rick

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Rob wrote:I couldn't help but notice that it appears to be 11:10 PM at the time of that last photograph...

Your PC screen must be adjusted better than mine !

I can't see what time it is on that watch !

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:13 pm

ColinB wrote:
Rob wrote:I couldn't help but notice that it appears to be 11:10 PM at the time of that last photograph...

Your PC screen must be adjusted better than mine !

I can't see what time it is on that watch !

It actually says 11:07, but who's to quibble about a few minutes?

:wink:

Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:27 pm

rickeap wrote:he does look bad in the front-on view, but the side-on shot where he is smiling he looks quite okay - only a few seconds apart
rick

Sorry, but no way

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:27 am

He didn't look his best but he did look happy in that one shot. I personally think Elvis looked his worst from March to September 1976 and perhaps 2-12-77. The 1977 shots again aren't the Elvis of five years before but compared to the 1976 shots there is a little difference.

Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:07 pm

DarrylMac wrote:Elvis always took off the TCB ring before the end of a show, to stop his fingers getting cut from handshakes, people trying to grab the ring etc etc, and I guess Joe was given the ring to look after. I'd always assumed Charlie would keep hold of it, but it clearly got given back to Joe to look after for Elvis.

I don't wanna go all morbid on y'all but the TCB ring was also taken off of Elvis's hand before the casket lid was closed for the final time and the ring was given directly back to Joe after the funeral.