Post here your Elvis' pictures

Army pic. October 1059

Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:00 pm

The Photo below shows Don R Mansfield together with Elvis.

HereĀ“s the explaning email by Mr Mansfield:

..."Elvis was in "Flecken" in October 1959. His unit was there for training. He was somewhat reserved, yet when he became comfortable with you, friendly. In the photos we are standing next to his jeep. He drove a scout jeep for 3rd Armored and I believe he was stationed in or around Aschaffenburg, close to Frankfurt. I'm not positive about his station or unit. I was impressed that he was just a regular soldier and a good one at that.
He once asked me if I could get some girls for a party. I told him that should not be too much of a problem for him. He then said he would need about 30! It was for a platoon party. As you know, there were not that many girls around Wildflecken...."

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:42 pm

Elvis has that look in his eye as if thinking, "Wow, is that really THE Don Mansfield I'm standing next to"

Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:51 pm

Delboy -
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.

No one had heard of Elvis in 1059.

Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:23 am

Rob wrote:Delboy -
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.

No one had heard of Elvis in 1059.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:09 am

Its an alpha nuemerical date, either October 59 or 10 59 :lol:

thanks for sharing the photo

Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:59 pm

THANKS for sharing the army photo, it was new to my eyes and the story behind it was very useful, AGAIN THANK YOU. I really don't understand that ROB guy, he's always got something to say[nothing good].

Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:29 pm

Well thats not a good thing either, if you don't like what someone says ignore it, otherwsie you end up looking hipocritical by saying something no good as well.

I was going to say that you are a newbie, but I see that it is possible you could well have been on here before but had your account terminated.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:14 am

nice pic and funny story

Re: Army pic. October 1059

Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:47 am

Delboy wrote:The Photo below shows Don R Mansfield together with Elvis.

That, of course, is Rex Mansfield, whom Elvis met during his March 1958 army induction in Memphis. They became fast friends, remaining so in Germany throughout 1958-59. When Elvis returned stateside, Rex was slated to work for Elvis in some capacity, but it fell apart when Mansfield secretly married one of Elvis' female employees / sort-of girlfirends.

Neither of them ever saw Elvis again after March 1960, although they remain married to this day -- 45 and a half years!

DJC

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:33 am

That "Rob guy" has the funniest sense of humor on this MB!!
sue

Re: thanks for sharing the photo

Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:39 am

elvis cd crazy wrote:THANKS for sharing the army photo, it was new to my eyes and the story behind it was very useful, AGAIN THANK YOU. I really don't understand that ROB guy, he's always got something to say[nothing good].

He must be a newbie Steve or he would know Rob is one of the nicest guys on the board.

Now if he has said..."You know that Rob guy is not to smart" then we could have assumed he had been around awhile.... :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:35 pm

Trust me Tony, he's been here before :wink:

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:28 am

The guy in the photo above is not Rex Mansfield who has written these books:

Re: thanks for sharing the photo

Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:52 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:He must be a newbie Steve or he would know Rob is one of the nicest guys on the board.

I really appreciate that, Pal. Thanks.

Now if he has said..."You know that Rob guy is not to smart" then we could have assumed he had been around awhile.... :lol:

Hey!

Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:22 am

The fool wrote:The guy in the photo above is not Rex Mansfield ...

Wow! Good catch -- I looked too closely at the name tag, and not nearly close enough at the face. That is a different fellow.

What are the odds of Elvis befriending two guys named Mansfield in Germany? Sadly, there is no interesting backstory regarding this guy.

DJC

Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:07 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
The fool wrote:The guy in the photo above is not Rex Mansfield ...

Wow! Good catch -- I looked too closely at the name tag, and not nearly close enough at the face. That is a different fellow.

What are the odds of Elvis befriending two guys named Mansfield in Germany? Sadly, there is no interesting backstory regarding this guy.

DJC

Hey guys !

That's about as close to an apology as we've ever seen from the Doc !

Is he softening up as he gets older ?

I think we should be told !

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:47 pm

ColinB wrote:That's about as close to an apology as we've ever seen from the Doc !

Wrong again.

Since you obviously have the free time, and seem passionately interested in the subject, do a search of my comments in the past two months, and you can issue YOUR apology right here.

DJC

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:51 pm

Sorry

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:02 am

Colin -

Thank you. It is appreciated.

DJC

Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:29 am

There's a lot of love on this board! :shock: