Post here your Elvis' pictures

Dec 1st 1955 ?

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:07 pm

I saw this in one of the pics GG posted of the magazines, it is one published in November 1956, but I just thought that the picture on the left looked like one I've not seen before from the posed studio shots taken on Dec 1st 1955.

Has anyone else here seen this shot before ?

Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:39 pm

I don´t think I have seen this before. A great photo for sure and it will be completing 50 years tomorrow if that´s the correct date!

Re: Dec 1st 1955 ?

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:02 pm

Steve_M wrote:Has anyone else here seen this shot before ?

I don't believe I have -- you are correct about the date. PoPsie really took some great shots that day. One suspects a superb photo journal might be put together from the PoPsie archives, with prints from his Dec '55, Apr '56 and Jul '56 sessions.

DJC

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:21 pm

Steve -

Can't recall if I've seen that particular shot before.

Reminds me of something, though !

Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:48 am

This looks like the outfit he wore when he signed with RCA. He was wearing that (I think) when he was shot shaking hands with Steve Sholes. There was another picture of him wearing that outfit with a guitar in his hand and a microphone just above him. I was told he was featured on Today, Tomorrow, and Forever in that outfit. That is, if that is the shirt with the big black oval polka dots on it and the jacket had little white specks in it. It's on page 42 of Elvis, Rock 'n' Roll Legend if that's the outfit.
sue

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:55 pm

Yes Sue, those (including colins avatar) are all the ones we've all seen before.

But for a well known set of photos it was unusual to come across one that has been published before - but 49 years ago - and never again since as far as we know.

Sue, try my "A Date With Elvis" section and enter Dec 1st 1955 :wink:

Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:35 am

Thanks Steve!! It's been awhile since I checked with A Date With Elvis!! I posted a question on your site. I was wondering.... well, was it a test? :lol: It's funny that I never noticed Colin's avatar was from that session. I seem to think that the avatar IS Colin, just as I think that yours is you, etc., etc. As I've said before, when I see the actual picture of Elvis somewhere else, I think, "Oh, there's Steve!!" or "Oh, there's - whoever is using that avatar." I wonder if anyone else does that? Probably not.

You're right about a new (to us) pic that surfaces so many years later!! Gives you hope about the unknown, unreleased song versions!! (Hound Dog?)
sue

Dec 1st

Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:47 am

... Steve, OFCOURSE I have seen this shot many times over the years! One of its earliest appearances was in Elvis Presley, Album of Juke Box Favourites, thin paper cover [3rd printing, I believe?], spring of 56. Its a full size page. Its also in the UK edition, from a later date in 56, and has turned up in many movie, Teen and all Elvis mags through the 50s... I dont think its in one of my own releases, as I thougt it was quite a familiar one! Glad to have been of help to some of you heavy guns in the Elvis World. Any others that you guys need info on? Keep m coming!

Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:42 am

Tallhair,
I don't know what you look like (maybe) but I always see you just like your avatar, too.
sue

Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:56 pm

Thanks Ger, I still can't recall the pic being used in any programmes though, nice to know I haven't seen it all just yet. :lol:

PS, I'm not a "heavy gun", I'm just a fan. :wink:

Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:28 am

Sue -

You wrote:
I seem to think that the avatar IS Colin.....

Well, obviously it's Elvis, but I chose it because it reminds me of me !