Post here your Elvis' pictures

March '74 Tour Candids!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:53 pm

Here are some rarely unseen candids, from the March '74 tour!

11th March - Hampton Roads

2nd March - Tulsa

This bottom shot is one awesome candid! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do uploading them! I have a whole series of Elvis (pertaining to that top shot) leaving his hotel, and leaving the stage. I will upload them, sometime today! Cheers!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 1:31 pm

Great stuff Funky!

Thanks as always. 8)

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:56 pm

Great as always and all new for me!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:58 pm

One of my favorite tours.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:41 pm

Fantastic pictures !! Elvis was great, perfect !

Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:47 pm

The bottom one is great, but my favourite is the second one, where he´s stepping out of the limousine, laughing and looking straight at the camera. Wonderful stuff! Nice to see him looking happy too (unlike the ´76 candids on another thread).

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:32 pm

Are the two bottom photos from Tulsa???? They look like the same suit to me! I want to see the whole series of photos of E gettin out of his limo!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE!!!!! I have only seen like 2 photos of him on stage in Tulsa '74, I sure have never seen any off stage!!! :shock: TY! TY! TY! TY!!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Re: March '74 Tour Candids!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:39 pm

thefunkyangel wrote:Here are some rarely unseen candids, from the March '74 tour!

Love this shot - do you mind if it makes it's way to Candid Central 8)

Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:45 pm

Hey Paul, love your site, just seen the new candid from July 29/76, what an nice picture of EP. Is it me, or does Elvis appear much slimmer in that photo?

Re: March '74 Tour Candids!

Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:33 am

paulsweeney wrote:
thefunkyangel wrote:Here are some rarely unseen candids, from the March '74 tour!

Love this shot - do you mind if it makes it's way to Candid Central 8)

Feel free, Paul!

Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:45 am

Notice, in the Tulsa shot, that the person next to E.P. is holding one of Colonel's "picture books."

"Be sure to get your memento of your evening with Elvis, and pick up an Elvis..super..souvenir."

Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:49 am

March 11, 1974....wearing the fur coat, leaving the Holiday Inn across the street from the Hampton Coliseum. New alternate shot ! Keep the candids coming!

Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:39 am

elvisjock wrote:Notice, in the Tulsa shot, that the person next to E.P. is holding one of Colonel's "picture books."

"Be sure to get your memento of your evening with Elvis, and pick up an Elvis..super..souvenir."

I did notice that! :D Very cool picture!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:22 am

March 11th, Hampton Roads

Not too sure, if this shot (below) pertains to March 11th!

I will post some more candids, from the 14th March, some time today! Cheers!

Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:40 am

This thread iz awesome, thanks funky 8)

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:25 pm

carolynlm wrote:that last photo of Elvis getting out of the car looks a bit funny to me......
Elvis' head doesn't look as though it really fits on his shoulders.....does anyone else see it?

Yeah Carolyn... I see what you mean!!! :P

Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:21 pm

Paul, do these shots (as per your link!) pertain to March 10th, '74 in Charlotte, enroute to Roanoke!
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... ral73.html

Possibly, Roanoke, March 10th '74! (below)

Greensboro, NC, March 14th '74 around 4. 15pm! (below)

This (date) is anyone's guess! (below)

Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:24 pm

Sorry, Paul! I meant this link! The question still remains ..

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/candid- ... r7475.html

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:51 pm

They may be from the same date - I'm not sure as I was told they were from earlier in the 70's, but they do look similar...

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:21 am

Thanks for the pics from 3/11/74 ...I believe the ones from Greensboro were taken outside the the Hilton hotel. Right?

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:45 am

That's right Ricky, the Hilton Inn, in Greensboro, NC.
While you're here, I'll upload you a pic of Elvis, leaving Memphis on the 18th (March) enroute to Richmond, Virginia! It's a shame the pic is not any bigger!

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:49 am

thefunkyangel wrote:That's right Ricky, the Hilton Inn, in Greensboro, NC.
While you're here, I'll upload you a pic of Elvis, leaving Memphis on the 18th (March) enroute to Richmond, Virginia! It's a shame the pic is not any bigger!

Try this one for size! Cheers! Notice it was processed in June '74!

Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:54 am

thefunkyangel wrote:That's right Ricky, the Hilton Inn, in Greensboro, NC.

Thanks Man! People get tired of me telling them I've been there. I recognized the brick behind Elvis because I was out there in April of 77.

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:03 am

sh*t man, tell us more! I am sure as hell interested! Do you have photo's!?
Cheers!

Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:13 am

Me and some buddies stayed at the Hilton for the show on 4/21/77. I do have pictures..I just don't have a way of showing them yet. But it was the Sundial suit as usual..I hated that coliseum, if you had upstairs seats they wouldn't let you come down until the show was over.