Elvis in 68 Special with Priscilla in the Audience

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

elvispresleyfan1935
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

Thanks for those pics, I had no idea that Priscilla was there during filming :?

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

riley
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by riley »

She sure was there for a certain part. Not ALL the time

elvispresleyfan1935

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

oh ok ..thanks

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

elvislennon

Post by elvislennon »

In my book Elvis Day By Day it says that Priscilla was in the audience during one of the sit down shows and the 2nd stand up show. Sorry I just found this thread. It shows a reall good picture of her in the audience. That is here in that one picture which shows a close up.

riley

Post by riley »

I just found out from someone that Steven Peck her dance instructor (and first lover) was sitting next to her. the Italian looking man with dark hair.
But hey Elvis knew he was there , he was "just" the dance instructor until he caught them together a couple of weeks later on the dancefloor, doing anything but dancing :roll:

So I really have to admit that perhaps they weren't so happy as I tought they were back in those days.

Priscilla was a fool to cheat on such a great husband, sorry to say so, but just had to get it out. :(

KHoots
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KHoots »

riley wrote:Priscilla was a fool to cheat on such a great husband, sorry to say so, but just had to get it out. :(
While great in many ways, I'm not sure that Elvis should be called a "great husband."

Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joe Car »

KHoots wrote:
riley wrote:Priscilla was a fool to cheat on such a great husband, sorry to say so, but just had to get it out. :(
While great in many ways, I'm not sure that Elvis should be called a "great husband."
So true, though I wouldn't consider Priscilla the greatest wife either.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Two wrongs don't make a right, but I think it's safe to say that it was Elvis who cheated first.

and second, third, fourth........

riley

Post by riley »

Elvis loved Priscilla very much and I'm not saying he was cheating her BEFORE marriage, but after marriage he didn't. He wanted to be a perfect husband and a good father for the baby until he found out that she cneated him with her dance instructor. He forgave her the first time but couldn't forget and things changed in the Presley household.
Unfortunately:

These is from a rare interview Priscilla gave, I think it was Lisa who really wanted her to say the truth, she only did it once in a local station but it exists and is there for all of us to read:”

Then there is the statement Priscilla made on a local California TV show in 1987:

"Elvis was faithful to me during our marriage. I cheated on him. He passed a lie detector test and until he learned of my indiscretions, Elvis never cheated. Only after I left him. Elvis was a loving, sincere man who respected his home and family. His career took him away from us and being so young and naive I thought wrongly that he just didn’t care anymore. Had I known then what I do now about this business, I would have been more patient, more able to help him."

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

riley wrote:Elvis loved Priscilla very much and I'm not saying he was cheating her BEFORE marriage, but after marriage he didn't.
I believe that Elvis loved Priscilla as much as he could love any woman, but he never cheated on her after their marriage? You're not serious.

riley

Post by riley »

Priscilla's words not mine.
And yes he cheated on her, but she cheated on him first.
In 1968, to be exactly. :)

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

I suppose it's everyone's prerogative to believe Priscilla's words, but hey, Elvis was with other women before, during and after Priscilla.

Tell me, when/where was the lie detector test administered? And, for what reason? Do you honestly believe Elvis was strapped up to a machine and discussed these things? Hell's bells.

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

KHoots wrote:I suppose it's everyone's prerogative to believe Priscilla's words, but hey, Elvis was with other women before, during and after Priscilla.

Here's a quote from Marty Lacker (I know...I know...y'all don't care much for some members of the MM):
"The fact that he played around on Priscilla in itself isn't startling. But the fact that he started playing around on her four months after she got there is something altogether different."

What does that tell ya about Elvis's feelings for Priscilla??

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Exactly, Tony. Marty can exaggerate from time to time, but generally, he is a pretty straight shooter. I believe the same goes for the others who wrote "Revelations....," which should be required reading for all who want to learn about the life and times of Elvis.

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

KHoots wrote:Exactly, Tony. Marty can exaggerate from time to time, but generally, he is a pretty straight shooter. I believe the same goes for the others who wrote "Revelations....," which should be required reading for all who want to learn about the life and times of Elvis.

I have read the book and it is very (almost too) informative about certain aspects of Elvis's life, but it's still an enjoyable book to read.

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

riley

Post by riley »

Elvis passed a lie detector test in the paternity suit he was involved in, during his marriage.
Riley

drjohncarpenter

Post by drjohncarpenter »

riley wrote:Elvis loved Priscilla very much and I'm not saying he was cheating her BEFORE marriage, but after marriage he didn't.
You have your facts wrong, so your conclusion is erroneous.

Just some of his flirtations between May 1, 1967 and July 1968 include:

Nancy Sinatra
Susan Henning

Elvis even asked for a trial separation from his pregnant wife in Nov' 67, which lasted about two months.

DJC

Elvisss
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Elvisss »

Well, it is known that both Elvis and Priscilla had affairs for whatever reasons.

Any confirmation that Priscilla had an affair with Steve Peck at that time?

riley

Post by riley »

Let's say it was common knowledge in inside circles.
Can't say more or will never discredit the ones who told me, sorry.

The guys knew or had at least a suspicion. At first Elvis became very angry when they start sugesting things but one evening Elvis decided to go and see her dance after hours in the studio and he got quite a surprise, let's tell it that way.

She herself tells it also in her own book, only using false names . And she gives it her typical own version. But al least it is there to read.

It is written in more detail in the book Child Bride by Suzanne Finstadd
Steven Peck used to have a Italian restaurant in LA (a famous one).
Now he isn't with us anymore.

He was a lot older then Priscilla but she had fallen for his charmes and especially his attention. Priscilla felt very insecure after the birth of Lisa, especially about her looks and Elvis was too busy to notice it. She began to dance to get her figure back but unfortunately she began an affair with her instructor.

The Presleys made up and went to Hawaii, Elvis forgave this" first time " but he couldn't forget. Things changed for sure. It was during that same vacation in Hawaii Priscilla was introduced to Mike Stone...

Here I really want to stop

Let's say he was alreaddy there in 68 and never got out of her mind again. :wink:

The rest is written in every book and there to read , mostly it is a fairly accurate, but polished version of events.

Riley

drjohncarpenter

riley wrote:... Elvis forgave this" first time " but he couldn't forget.
Your comments are creeping me out.

I'm not a Priscilla fan, but you really seem determined to make her the shrew in their relationship, at the expense of the historical record. Elvis was NEVER faithful to her, before or after their marriage. He even cheated on her when she was pregnant.

Do you honestly believe for a SECOND that if Elvis was monogamous his wife would go and sleep around on him?

Give me a break.

DJC

Elvisss
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Elvisss »

Elvis even asked for a trial separation from his pregnant wife in Nov' 67, which lasted about two months.

DJC
I've read that a couple days passed after the initial talk of a trial seperation and then the idea of it was never mentioned again.

There are alot of conflicting stories out there, it leaves one wondering what the real truth is. Even some of the people who were around Elvis all those years have their own versions of.
Last edited by Elvisss on Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riley

Post by riley »

Listen, I'm not going to defend or argue about the things I know for sure. I can't mention the source it came from and believe me I also was shocked when finding out the truth. I was a fan of Priscilla Presley also. Couldn't believe at first the things I was told, untill the pieces of the puzzle all seemed to fit so much. it's up to every individual to believe what he or she wants , I guess, or to be very brave and to find someone who knew him and ask the questions lingering on in your head.

Whatever makes you happy I guess. :wink:

Not easy since there are a lot of versions and points of view about Elvis and Priscilla. A lot of things will never be written and perhaps that is how it should be. It's alreaddy long ago and really doesn't matter that much anymore.

There are books enough to read about him and his life, enough contradicting stories, we just have to decide whatever story (or who) we like to believe or not.

And mind you, even if you know someone who really knew them it is still his or her word against others, so I guess these kind of discussions can be whitout ending.

It's better to enjoye all the good things he left us. His music, his many beautiful pictures , his films, his performances. His private life was very "private" at the time when he was alive. Perhaps he wouldn't have liked us to discuss his or her faults and we are after all his fans and should respect his wishes.

For me this discussion has ended.

By the way, there was never a trial seperation, only a sugestion he made, why, well only he knew for sure.

drjohncarpenter

riley wrote:Listen, I'm not going to defend or argue about the things I know for sure. I can't mention the source it came from ...
Your debating skills are most persuasive ...

When you finally leave "fantasyland" come on back, ya hear?

DJC

bethann
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: Elvis in 68 Special with Priscilla in the Audience

Post by bethann »

Yes, she did attend both stand-up concerts, but she was also there for the sit-down shows. In the first show, he actually says, "Look Priscilla" and then whistles and launches into "Are You Lonesome Tonight" and during the second show he says "Look, she's pretty" and then launches into "Are You Lonesome Tonight." I think it is fair to say that Priscilla did go to the shows.

"More people today should see him not simply as a performer, but as an artist with a great soul."

John Bakke, professor emeritus
University of Memphis

riley

Re: Elvis in 68 Special with Priscilla in the Audience

Post by riley »

:D

It's hard NOT to imagine Elvis as perfect; how else could someone be THAT good looking, THAT talented, THAT generous & THAT charismatic