Elvis in 68 Special with Priscilla in the Audience

Post here your Elvis' pictures

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

javierTCB
Registered for: 15 years 6 months

Re: Elvis in 68 Special with Priscilla in the Audience

Post by javierTCB »

Friends, read this from the conference in Paley Center on march, 14, 2008, during 40th anniversary comeback special with Steve Binder and Bones Howe:

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_6 ... rsary.html

"Priscilla spoke very complimentary on Elvis' incredible dedication to the '68 Special, and how he was so determined to move on from the movies that he had grown to dislike doing. She said the '68 Special was the reason he changed his career - from making movies - returning to Vegas and live performances, which in turn led to his touring again. Of course there was nothing really new in what Priscilla said .... but it was so heartwarming that she is saying positive things about his music career. I had hoped she would say something more "lovingly" from her own personal thoughts, too but she didn't!

An audience question to Priscilla was if she was at the filming of the '68 Special. Priscilla said "Yes"...and mentioned was that it had been a long time since she had watched this Special, and that night, she noticed herself in the back (row?) of one of the scenes in it".

"If you're in old habits
Set in your old ways
Changes are a-comin'
For these are changing days
And if your head is in the sand
While things are goin' on
What you need is a Change of Habit"

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

bethann wrote:... she was also there for the sit-down shows. In the first show, he actually says, "Look Priscilla" and then whistles and launches into "Are You Lonesome Tonight" and during the second show he says "Look, she's pretty" and then launches into "Are You Lonesome Tonight."
"Look Priscilla"?

Um, actually, no way.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

javierTCB

Post by javierTCB »

"Look Priscilla"????????????."Look, she´s pretty"???????????????????

NO WAY :shock:

"If you're in old habits
Set in your old ways
Changes are a-comin'

JRtherealJR
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re:

Post by JRtherealJR »

elvislennon wrote:In my book Elvis Day By Day it says that Priscilla was in the audience during one of the sit down shows and the 2nd stand up show. Sorry I just found this thread. It shows a reall good picture of her in the audience. That is here in that one picture which shows a close up.
I also have that book and there is no photo which shows Priscilla in the audience at any of the 68 Special shows.

If Priscilla was in attendance, why haven't we seen any clear photos after all these years? And I wonder why the camera didn't zoom in on her?

Ad hominem fallacy (or ad hominem) is an attempt to discredit someone’s argument by personally attacking them. Instead of discussing the argument itself, criticism is directed toward the opponent’s character, which is irrelevant to the discussion.
https://www.scribbr.co.uk/fallacy/ad-hominem/

Ad hominem (Latin for 'to the person'), refers to several types of arguments, most of which are fallacious. Typically this term refers to a rhetorical strategy where the speaker attacks the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making an argument rather than attacking the substance of the argument itself. This avoids genuine debate by creating a personal attack as a diversion.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Re:

Post by drjohncarpenter »

JRtherealJR wrote:
elvislennon wrote:In my book Elvis Day By Day it says that Priscilla was in the audience during one of the sit down shows and the 2nd stand up show. Sorry I just found this thread. It shows a reall good picture of her in the audience. That is here in that one picture which shows a close up.
I also have that book and there is no photo which shows Priscilla in the audience at any of the 68 Special shows.

If Priscilla was in attendance, why haven't we seen any clear photos after all these years? And I wonder why the camera didn't zoom in on her?
I've seen her in the gallery for at least one of the stand up shows on 6-29-1968 (Sat). And there would be absolutely no reason to "zoom in on her." The program was called "Singer Presents Elvis." The director and his crew were there to record the performance of the star.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

javierTCB

Re: Re:

Post by javierTCB »

JRtherealJR wrote:
::rocks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"If you're in old habits
Set in your old ways
Changes are a-comin'

donwebster449
BANNED - FREQUENT RETURNING MEMBER
BANNED - FREQUENT RETURNING MEMBER
Registered for: 9 years 1 month