Post here your Elvis' pictures

February 21, 1977

Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:45 pm

Compared to the beginning of this tour, it looks like he lot 25 pounds in 9 days...

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:53 pm

Great pic! Thanks Paul.

It would be great to get the perspective of someone who was there on a daily basis, ie Ginger, about what Elvis did from day to day to instigate such a dramatic change!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:11 am

fabulous pic. he looks stunning

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:57 am

Wow! That's an unbelievable good picture of our Man, considered the date this picture was taken!

Now, if we compare this photo with any video- or photo -material from just 4 months ahead:

February 21st 1977 vs June 21st 1977

It makes you wonder what the heck went wrong, huh..? :cry:

Br
Kristian

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:40 am

Wow, what a great picture of our guy! Thanks Paul!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:54 am

Isn't there a full length awesome shot of EP from this very same concert?

Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:13 am

Here are 3 more shots from that show;

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:18 am

this is the concert where he sang moody blue. is it just me, or is Elvis starting to get puffed out quickly during this show? listen to moody blue, its so flat and 'breathy', its good to hear the song live, but to non fans, it'd be a train wreck

i have seen a better pic of E from this concert, but they are indeed some very good pics, soem i'v not seen before :D

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:39 am

2-21-77Image
Last edited by Juan Luis on Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:48 am

2-21-77Image
Last edited by Juan Luis on Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:09 pm

Great pix - thanks for sharing
rick

Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:29 pm

JLGB wrote:2-21-77Image

Take a look at the necklace, it's different - this is Nov. 1976

Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:17 pm

You are right. Sorry about that. Want me to leave it there? I could take it out and find another 2-21.

Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:32 pm

All pictures are great anyway!! Thanks!

Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:53 am

JLGB wrote:You are right. Sorry about that. Want me to leave it there? I could take it out and find another 2-21.

No need to remove a good photo 8)

Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:23 am

JLGB wrote:2-21-77Image

no doubt, this is a great photo... 8)

Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:40 am

Lincoln, NE, 20 Iunie 1977

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:34 am

You don't hear too much about the show in Lincoln because it was in between the two filmed concerts. While not as good as Rapid City, it was much better than Omaha. It was highlighted by a very strong performance of Unchained Melody, which was unusually sang before the band introductions.

The audience recording of the show is actually quite good.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:42 am

Picture above (Lincoln 77-3) is Elvis saying 'you touch me there babe I'll bite ya' :shock: :lol:

Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:11 am

Ray wrote:'you touch me there babe I'll bite ya'

i hate to admit i saw and chuckled at the same thing. :oops: :lol:

he was gorgeous 'til the end in my opinion. it's not so much that regular 'hot or not' kind of beauty...but the inner beauty that radiates outward. especially when he smiles...it's beautiful, yet incredibly sad in some way. in those last years he seemed to smile constantly during performances--he radiated a certain sweet and vulnerable quality on top of that sadness...there's something endearing to me with elvis' last years that is unique to that period.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:57 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:he was gorgeous 'til the end ...

Please. Come back when the rose-colored glasses removal surgery is completed.

DJC

Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:22 pm

Those Lincoln pics are a lot of fun. She's got a lot more, and over time they'll go up on http://www.eapsociety.com, but that may be awhile yet.

Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:33 am

Elvis Romania, thanx for these fantastic pix of Lincoln. i have never seen them before, and it still shows even in his last year of life, he could still have some fantastic moments

beautiful what u said Elvis' babe. i totally agree :)

Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:37 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Elvis' Babe wrote:he was gorgeous 'til the end ...

Please. Come back when the rose-colored glasses removal surgery is completed.

did you even read my damn paragraph about it not being physical beauty but inner beauty???

and btw, some people think a little deeper than you do. stop drinking the kool-aid that tells to think anybody who likes elvis in his last years is wearing rose-colored glasses. it's not about his physical image--there's something in his personality that just really showed beauty when he was with his fans...especially in photos like these when he's smiling, yet there's always a bit of sadness in some of these images.

it's like that utterly amazing moment during june 21, 1977 while doing unchained melody that he breaks out in a smile...it's an amazing moment, and it explains what i wrote perfectly. so i stand by my statement. he was beautiful.

in the 50s he was just really cute, in the 60s there was a brief period of looking really dorky, then he just got smoldering HOT in the late 60s/early 70s...and in his last years he took on a beautiful quality that came from the inside.

perhaps, djc, it is you who need to get off the overly critical pessimistic kool-aid of following the guidelines on how to be a wannabe critic jerk-off. i know it tells you to hate the 70s elvis and to criticize his physique because it's popular. you are guilty of judging a book by its cover. you are the one guilty of looking through gray sunglasses. you are a sheep of wannabe critics.

any open-eyed elvis fan looking at pictures like these, sees elvis' inner beauty radiating out. or they should.

here's one of my favorite 70s concert pics (it's currently on my desktop):

(charlotte -- feb. 20, 1977)

Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:21 am

Elvis lived until August 16, 1977 - do we discount his last year...I think not. Warts and all, he was with us until 1977. In some photos he looks bad, in others, he looks good, just like the rest of us mortals.