Post here your Elvis' pictures

1961 Hawaii Benefit

Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:40 pm

Just found this pic on the web... not mine but I thought I'd post it.

Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:01 am

I got that one e-f, I collect Hawaii 61 pics whenever I can, I have a little collection of them and footage etc on the web. You keep posting any you come across, thanks.

A Date With Elvis use the drop down to enter March 25 1961 and then when the page opens click the info link on the left :lol:

Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:34 pm

This is a great pic!

Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:47 pm

Great Pic!

Steve! Those pics on your website from Hawaii, are they all you have? Or do you have others.

I have 8 pics that are not on your website

Sincerely
Brian

Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:10 am

Brian, that's all I have :cry:

But i know there are hundreds more that were taken. Some collectors have written to me saying I can have one to use from their respective collections, but I'd rather they kept them to ensure their maximum value is retained prior to being published.

Brian, if they are not unpublished I'd love to have them to include for everyone. :lol: Send them along, I'll put them into order of the days events.
Wasn't that day a unique one ? The great thing about compiling that info is that it took me a day to do, it was almost like re-living that day in real time.
I know you appreciate that aspect of doing something like that. :wink:

Thu Aug 18, 2005 5:37 pm

The Doc has written a couple of times about how brilliant these performances were from EP.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:42 am

Indeed, the 1961 Hawaiian Benefit Show is one of Elvis' greatest moments on stage. He had it all -- a HOT band, a career filled with #1 hits right up to the current day, a voice that could do no wrong and a future that seemed limitless.

DJC