Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

King Creole Film Location

Post by thefunkyangel »

Cnr Danube Road and Hayne Blvd, New Orleans ✌🏻
IMG_0512.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jaime1234
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: King Creole Film Location

Post by Jaime1234 »

Lovely view. When I was last in New Orleans I visited every single location except for this one, which purports to be the entry to the home in the lake. My mom was born there, at Touro Infirmary, brought to this world by the strangest of circumstances. A man dressed as a physician was standing there, doing nothing, just looking and taking notes, while 30 babies were being born, and since my grandma could no longer keep my mom inside, my great grandmother spoke in "signs" to him and earnestly, as well as "sternly" asked him to deliver my mom. He did. He was the later renown surgeon Alton Oschner, then doing his training there. And that is how he became my great grand mother's personal doctor, until her death at 100 in 1973. In between, he was Argentinean President JD Peron's personal doctor as well, albeit in his case SECRETLY.
Last edited by Jaime1234 on Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: King Creole Film Location

Post by drjohncarpenter »

thefunkyangel wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:50 pm
Cnr Danube Road and Hayne Blvd, New Orleans ✌🏻

It's neat to see these kind of comparisons. New Orleans is a special case, too, in that the main area where Paramount filmed has not changed all that much in the past 66 (!) years.

Have you ever been there? It's one of the GREAT cities in America, and the food is incredible. Also: alcohol is plentiful.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!