Post here your Elvis' pictures

member David Neale

Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:10 pm

Friends, David Neale is in hospital, has been since Monday. His left kidney has been removed because there was cancer in it. He sounds pretty chipper, but if you have his e-mail address, please drop him a line. If you don't, send PMs to me, and I will gladly forward them. I have also posted this note on All Elvis.

Thanks,

Nancy

Re: member David Neale

Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:15 pm

I am sorry to hear that. We used to exchange emails years ago. Wishing him a full and speedy recovery.

Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:51 pm

best wishes David

Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 pm

latebloomer wrote:Friends, David Neale is in hospital, has been since Monday. His left kidney has been removed because there was cancer in it. He sounds pretty chipper, but if you have his e-mail address, please drop him a line. If you don't, send PMs to me, and I will gladly forward them. I have also posted this note on All Elvis.

Thanks,

Nancy

Please tell him everyone here is wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.

::rocks

Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Please pass on my best wishes.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:00 am

Please pass my very best wishes to David Neale - prayn for his speedy recovery - so sorry to hear this news - God Bless Him - TCE4Ever
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:24 am

Please, tell David my best wishes as well. His website of original versions of songs Elvis performed has been very important to me.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:33 am

Please pass on my best wishes.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:50 am

What good friends you all are! I'll paste all of your comments together and send them right away, attachments included.

Nancy

Hmmm...David may already have seen your kind good wishes; check out his message on All Elvis. His sense if humor certainly is intact, and so is his unflagging interest in Our Boy.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:58 am

Thought you'd like to read this:

Hello Nancy,

Many thanks for posting the message about my medical condition on the FECC forum. Yesterday evening I received some emails of an "Elvis nature," one of which mentioned the forum, so I had a look to see what was happening. Very heartening to know that people one has never met in reality can care so much.

Not having such a good morning now, so shall not write more, other than to thank you once again.

David

---

My registered-nurse aunt once told me that the fourth day after surgery was the worst: One is improved enough to discover how rotten one feels! Today was David's fourth day, poor guy. I feel for him. Hopefully, tomorrow he'll begin to improve little each day.

Thanks everyone who sent PMs. All have been forwarded, and he has read the messages here, saw them just as I was about to make a compilation. You're a great bunch of folks.

Nancy

Please keep David in your prayers a while longer.

Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:44 pm

Get well soon David!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:31 am

Get well soon!

Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:32 am

Get better soon David!!

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Hurray!! David is home at last, and says he's feeling much better. (I'll bet! A hospital is no place to be if you want to recover from surgery!) Here's his note to me, in part:

5 Dec 2012, at 6:44 AM

I came home from the hospital yesterday at about lunchtime. What with the preparations for leaving in the morning, the getting dressed, the receiving of instructions from the doctor handling my case and various nurses, the journey home by car (though not very far), I was quite exhausted by the time I got home and the combination of that plus a plentiful dose of pain-killers detached me from the rest of the world for the rest of the day!

I am feeling much refreshed today.

The (FECC members') messages are, indeed, heartening. I really didn't think so many people knew me.

David

WHAT A RELIEF!

Nancy

Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Sure glad he's home recuperating now. Take care always, David.
Listen to Elvis, it helps!

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:01 pm

It sure does! When I had been very, very sicj and in the hospital in 2010, I couldn't even tie my shoelaces after I got home in a wheelchair. I was too weak. I struggled for I don't remember how long, but I finally managed to connect the cables etc. to my hi-fi using arms and legs :lol: .True. Somebody disconnected the whole thing and moved it aside to facilitate cleaning. It was a mess. I'm glad there is no filmed evidence for this. :lol:

It was just so important to me, after that ordeal, to listen to some sweet rock 'n' roll music again, and the first one I wanted to hear was Elvis Presley. I was already back home, but his voice and music really brought me home, if you know what I mean. It helped.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:24 pm

Hopefully David will be OK. My father had a kidney removed when he was 50 and lived an active life for a further 15 years. And look at Todd Slaughter - a heart bypass in 1994 and has just passed his 67th birthday 18 years on. Who'd have thought anyone could live that long after such a thing?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm

The way I see it is, I lived 64 years with two kidneys, so I should be able to manage 32 more years on just one kidney…

Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:15 pm

davidneale wrote:The way I see it is, I lived 64 years with two kidneys, so I should be able to manage 32 more years on just one kidney…

That's the spirit, David! :D
Welcome, good to have you back! ::rocks