Official FECC Feature Request Thread

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Registered for: 21 years
Mood:

Official FECC Feature Request Thread

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Hi Folks!

I will have a little time off (a month or so) from the University (if I survive the final exams tomorrow, that is!)..

And since I have a little extra time, I thought it would be cool to ask what new feature(s) you would like to see implemented on the forum?

It could be anything from making changes to the design of the forum, special "bbcodes", new functionality - anything really! Ask here, and I will do my best to add them!

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Re: Official FECC Feature Request Thread

Post by TJ »

Hi Jordan. How about integrating the Facebook 'like' button for threads/posts? The ability to link to Facebook/Twitter profiles from user profiles would also be good (I'm meaning that info being presented under user name with each post).

Topic author
fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

Good idea, TJ! Will add that to the list!

All the best from Mempihs
Jordan

ImageImage

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Make sure to visit my friends at the EAP society! It's a movement! For all generations of fans! And it's worth supporting!!!

poormadpeter

Post by poormadpeter »

TJ wrote:Hi Jordan. How about integrating the Facebook 'like' button for threads/posts? The ability to link to Facebook/Twitter profiles from user profiles would also be good (I'm meaning that info being presented under user name with each post).
A like button would be great, but a dislike button would be just as useful I think.

iplayastrat
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by iplayastrat »

It would be nice to be able to look at the pictures uploaded to the forum
without having to log in. I guess that's a feature that's left up to the members
who upload them, but still...

My escape from society continues...

promiseland
Registered for: 13 years

Post by promiseland »

I have always thought it would be nice to have a form of Footnote function embedded in certain words or names for ease of reference that can link topics to one another without the entire links to be pasted from recent or older buried threads, in a similar way they are in bedded into electronic bibles and such.

This would give the original poster the option to add a Footnote to certain words or names that would link to other important information on the subject that is written from older topics that contain these phrases.
Of course this would only apply to the one who created the "New Topic" to allow the footnotes. Those replying would not have access to apply additional footnotes to someone elses topic.

Seems like a lot of additional code to add to the site but it would add for a major ease of reference.

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

The ability to change board colors would treat my tired old eyes.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by TJ »

Some might also appreciate the ability to adjust the font size of the forum.

promiseland
Registered for: 13 years

Post by promiseland »

TJ wrote:Some might also appreciate the ability to adjust the font size of the forum.
I agree. I always use my zoom function on my browser at 125%.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

TJ wrote:Hi Jordan. How about integrating the Facebook 'like' button for threads/posts? The ability to link to Facebook/Twitter profiles from user profiles would also be good (I'm meaning that info being presented under user name with each post).
YES!!!
And also enabling the "Software Forum" section would be a good thing too. smt183

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We're DESPERATELY in need of a 'Facepalm' smiley.

JimmyCool
Registered for: 16 years 4 months
Mood:

Post by JimmyCool »

Matthew wrote:We're DESPERATELY in need of a 'Facepalm' smiley.
Yeah, that too... 'cause I'm sure Curtis will come back again real soon :lol:

Note: This post is intended solely for FECC forum readers. Unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this post is strictly prohibited.

rjm
Registered for: 13 years 3 months

Post by rjm »

poormadpeter wrote:
A like button would be great, but a dislike button would be just as useful I think.
Nah, I believe you are kidding. But yes, more button's than just the ubiquitous "Like." It tends not to mean anything, which is why Facebook has a dull patina.

A "love" button? I have actually seen sites with a variety of buttons.

rjm

"And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God."
Aeschylus

"Treat me mean and cruel, treat me like a fool, but love me!"

My Tumblr blog: https://robinmark64.tumblr.com/

https://www.youtube.com/user/robinmark64

Delboy

Post by Delboy »

poormadpeter wrote:
TJ wrote: A like button would be great, but a dislike button would be just as useful I think.
How about a 'Let's call the whole thing off button'? :D

Topic author
fecc-mechanic
Tech Guru.
Mood:

Post by fecc-mechanic »

More great ideas to add to the list! Thanks everyone!
promiseland -- your foot-note idea intrigues me. Do you mean like a "tag" system?

All the best from Mempihs
Jordan

ImageImage

fa-boltfa-boltPlease send all tech support requests to: tech@elvicities.comfa-boltfa-bolt

Make sure to visit my friends at the EAP society! It's a movement! For all generations of fans! And it's worth supporting!!!

KevinK
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by KevinK »

I'll 2nd this as well. If not a 'Like' button, then how about a 'Thanks' button, which I've seen on some forums using vBulletin.

Another feature I'd love to see brought in, is the ability to see the first few lines of the first post, when you hover the mouse pointer over the thread title. Again, something I've seen on other forums. It's saves opening up badly titled threads (thus saving precious seconds!)

Kev.

:D

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

TJ wrote:Some might also appreciate the ability to adjust the font size of the forum.
This can be done on many browsers by simply holding down the 'Ctrl' key & rotating the little wheel on the mouse to make the screen 'zoom in' or 'zoom out'...........

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

More unreleased studio recordings by Elvis Presley. :mrgreen:

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

Elvisgirl
Registered for: 20 years

Post by Elvisgirl »

I remember a long time ago there was a button at the bottom of posts, for people's website....where the "PM" and "profile" buttons are...if they have put a website on their profile, that button was there. I miss that. would it be possible to get that back?

when you want to make a link look like this: example, would it be possible to add some buttons that you can press on, instead of having to type the url part?

custom avatars. have some custom avatars, that people can choose from. Elvis ones of course. but of course that would mean that someone would have to make some, so I don't know...

titles/status' or whatever you would call it. I've seen this on many forums that when people have a certain amount of posts they get a custom title/status under their name. for example, I'm on a snake forum, and there newbies start out as "snake mite", then after a certain amount of posts they become "egg", then "hatchling" and so on
like this:
Image1.jpg
I've seen it on other forums as well. on here, it could be something Elvis related. I just don't know what...maybe someone could come up with something creative

some info about us as Elvis fans on our profiles. this is something I've seen on other forums for other artists, and I think it's pretty cool. for example, when did you become Elvis fan, favorite era/song/album/concert/movie/jumpsuit etc. it doesn't have to be any of that or all that, those were just examples. and all in separate lines of course...like the location and age and all those things that are already there

one last thing...put age under location...under the avatar so you can see it when people post

I hope you can use some of these ideas, but if they totally suck that's fine too :smt006
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mitch

Post by Mitch »

Can you come up with a program that make my posts seem smarter and make more sense? :)

Also, can you make a program that corrects all my spelling errors? :?

I'm just a mailman, you can't expect too much from me. :wink:

::rocks

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

A program that would instantly highlight any member who has multiple login names could be useful.

TCB-FAN

Post by TCB-FAN »

elvisalisellers wrote:A program that would instantly highlight any member who has multiple login names could be useful.

Would'nt that deter them from posting here ?

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

elvisalisellers

Post by elvisalisellers »

TCB-FAN wrote:
elvisalisellers wrote:A program that would instantly highlight any member who has multiple login names could be useful.

Would'nt that deter them from posting here ?
Exactly! :wink:

Justin

Post by Justin »

i like the "like" feature very much...hope we see that here

How about some kind of "Notifications" or "Alerts" section that lets you know if anyone's added anything after one of your posts, or quoted your post or "liked" your post?

TCB-FAN

Post by TCB-FAN »

Justin wrote:i like the "like" feature very much...hope we see that here

How about some kind of "Notifications" or "Alerts" section that lets you know if anyone's added anything after one of your posts, or quoted your post or "liked" your post?

The +1 quote is good enough for me. No need for the like button. I'm sick of facebook.

Elvis A. Presley, 1970