what does two week suspension mean to a member on this forum

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
skabillyrebels
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

what does two week suspension mean to a member on this forum

Post by skabillyrebels »

A suspension is when you remain employed but are asked to not attend your place of work, or engage in any work at all (such as working from home). There are two main types of suspension: suspension for medical or health and safety reasons; suspension as part of a disciplinary procedure (investigation).
please let me know if my understanding is correct

sweetangeline
Registered for: 15 years

Re: what does two week suspension mean to a member on this f

Post by sweetangeline »

vacation

Johnny2523
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Johnny2523 »

I don't see what this has to do with Elvis?

if you'll try a little kindness and you'll overlook the blindness
Of the narrow minded people on the narrow minded streets

Topic author
skabillyrebels

Post by skabillyrebels »

ok johnny the topic is in the wrong place but how can someone on suspension still be able to post that's all i want to know

brian
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by brian »

skabillyrebels on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:05 pm wrote:ok johnny the topic is in the wrong place but how can someone on suspension still be able to post that's all i want to know
The people that get suspended serve their suspension. When you see them start posting again they aren't suspended anymore. It's just that the moderators haven't removed the suspended sign on their avatars.

Topic author
skabillyrebels

Post by skabillyrebels »

thanks for the information but how are some still posting when they are on there suspension

brian
Registered for: 15 years 11 months

Post by brian »

skabillyrebels on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm wrote:thanks for the information but how are some still posting when they are on there suspension
They aren't. If they are still posting then they aren't suspended.

Dan_T
Registered for: 14 years 11 months

Post by Dan_T »

sweetangeline on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:44 pm wrote:vacation
My thoughts exactly !

But it looks good ! :wink:

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Rob »

It's not fair! Where's my suspension?

Damn it!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Topic author
skabillyrebels

Post by skabillyrebels »

know its only for the Messiah Rob :)

Mike S
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Mike S »

brian on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 am wrote:
skabillyrebels on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:16 pm wrote:thanks for the information but how are some still posting when they are on there suspension
However appearances can be deceiving, as we don't know the exact time or date of a particular member's suspension.

For instance it appears that drjohncarpenter was suspended on Monday evening, but posts by him made earlier that day would have been new to anyone reading them later the same day....making it look as if he was still posting having been suspended....if you follow?

Topic author
skabillyrebels

Post by skabillyrebels »

Mike S on Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:01 pm wrote:
brian on Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:54 am wrote:
However appearances can be deceiving, as we don't know the exact time or date of a particular member's suspension.

For instance it appears that drjohncarpenter was suspended on Monday evening, but posts by him made earlier that day would have been new to anyone reading them later the same day....making it look as if he was still posting having been suspended....if you follow?

That makes sense thanks for the information
plus the time difference between usa and europe

Mike Windgren
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I was suspended some months ago and the two weeks suspension mark was not deleted for more than a month and in the meantime I was able to post :roll:.
newsus.gif
I think that once you have finished the suspension, moderators should take off the sign to avoid misinterpretations..... :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

The doc suspended again ?

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

InheritTheWind
Registered for: 6 years 6 months

Post by InheritTheWind »

Wonderwall on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:26 am wrote:
TINML on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 am wrote:The doc suspended again ?
Unless it is a permanent ban, this will remain my first and last post. I have been a member here for some years, and it is thanks to people such as him that I have never felt like joining in. I doubt very much that I am the only one who feels this way.
The obsession with Doc on this forum is freaking creepy. Don’t like him? Just “foe” him and you don’t have to worry about him. Your loss. But to say you won’t participate on this forum because of ONE person is ridiculous. He has that much power over you? Goodness.

This place has taken a serious nosedive since he’s been gone. Love him or hate him, his wealth of knowledge regarding Elvis is unmatched. His well-researched topics have been astonishing. He spends hours and hours researching this stuff and puts it all out there for FREE. You could compile hundreds of his topics and create an amazing book. He’s not just some fan talking about Elvis. (“Do you like the Lava jumpsuit or the Fire jumpsuit better?”) I regard myself as just a fan talking about Elvis, BTW. I don’t have much to offer. But Doc, and many others (Greystoke, Rob, MikeFromHolland, elvisalisellers, et al.) do. I just come in and enjoy reading the posts by people who are far more knowledgeable about Elvis than I am. And there’s a huge void here now that Doc has been absent.

I miss his posts and I know a lot of others do, too. Whether they like him or not.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

I like the Doc and am thankful for the thousands of hours he’s put into his posts since I’ve been a member.

That being said his small army of asskissers is annoying and if the Doc broke the rules of this board he too should the same consequences we do.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Scarre
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Scarre »

InheritTheWind on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:52 pm wrote:
Wonderwall on Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:26 am wrote:
TINML on Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:12 am wrote:The doc suspended again ?
Unless it is a permanent ban, this will remain my first and last post. I have been a member here for some years, and it is thanks to people such as him that I have never felt like joining in. I doubt very much that I am the only one who feels this way.
The obsession with Doc on this forum is freaking creepy. Don’t like him? Just “foe” him and you don’t have to worry about him. Your loss. But to say you won’t participate on this forum because of ONE person is ridiculous. He has that much power over you? Goodness.

This place has taken a serious nosedive since he’s been gone. Love him or hate him, his wealth of knowledge regarding Elvis is unmatched. His well-researched topics have been astonishing. He spends hours and hours researching this stuff and puts it all out there for FREE. You could compile hundreds of his topics and create an amazing book. He’s not just some fan talking about Elvis. (“Do you like the Lava jumpsuit or the Fire jumpsuit better?”) I regard myself as just a fan talking about Elvis, BTW. I don’t have much to offer. But Doc, and many others (Greystoke, Rob, MikeFromHolland, elvisalisellers, et al.) do. I just come in and enjoy reading the posts by people who are far more knowledgeable about Elvis than I am. And there’s a huge void here now that Doc has been absent.

I miss his posts and I know a lot of others do, too. Whether they like him or not.
No.

r&b
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by r&b »

TINML on Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:12 am wrote:The doc suspended again ?
I think he was but is now off suspension. He's just not posting. I miss his insight

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

Right.

r&b
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by r&b »

The doc seems only to be posting on political subjects, which is a shame. Even though he may rub some folks the wrong way, and I dont always agree with him, no one brings the research, knowledge, and unique topics to this forum like he does. I hope he starts posting about Elvis again.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Rob »

If he doesn't, we can go back anytime we want to and go through thousands and thousands of posts. Maybe we can learn all over again. Wouldn't that be fun? Everybody needs to take a break from this forum from time to time, even him. I did it for two years and may do it again sometime in the future. I would also recommend it for a few others on here who seem to take this board a little too seriously.

I miss seeing his posts, but he's a big boy and will be fine.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Alan_K
Registered for: 5 years 7 months

Re: what does two week suspension mean to a member on this forum

Post by Alan_K »

Just read this thread, hope its okay to post in since its a little aged now.

Some things above have answered a few questions, the "Suspended" icon below peoples names when the clearly are not suspended.
I suppose the suspension automatically expires but the icon removal is a manual task.

I had a friend who was a member on here before I was, he passed away just over two years ago, he told me I wouldn't like it here and that another forum was better.
I didn't like that other forum at all and couldn't understand why he saw anything in it.
I haven't found a problem here on this forum, well one or two have said they don't like me on here and they don't find anything funny about my posts, especially posts like this which aren't meant to be funny. Sorry I can't please everyone.
But then I discovered that my friend had been hounded out of here by one particular member - no wonder he didn't like it here.
The member in question hasn't been here as far as I know since I've been a member - maybe that's why I don't have too much of a problem on here.
When forums change their member "structure" and the movement of posts is less weighted to some members and more towards others the forum itself, its identity, its core "feel" can change, and for some its harder to accept that kind of change and they will miss things the way they were. Thats okay to feel that way, its understandable, but dont let it block your view on what is happening just because you can no longer see what's not happening

What you post is here for a long time, maybe longer than you.
We'd all do well to remember that.
I found a post the other day (about three years old or so) by someone who appears to also no longer be active on here now saying to my friend something like "Back from the dead, are you?"
That hurt to read that.
Maybe my fault, I was searching for my friends posts on the 2nd anniversary of his passing. In a twist the person who said that had made a case of mistaken identity and acknowledged that, but those original words were still left there for what will be, due to this forums success, a very long time, no doubt.

15562days.com - A chronological profile of the most influential artist of the latter half of the 20th century, Elvis Presley.