FECCs future.

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Scarre
Registered for: 21 years

FECCs future.

Post by Scarre »

In your guidelines you ask for ideas to make this message board better. Here is my suggestion, and I believe many members here agrees.

Just these past few days, drjohncarpenter, has been unfriendly and rude to, just to mention a few; davide and his section. DarrylMac and ChrisM. Still, no action has been taken against this hostility. drjohncarpenter has been banned/suspended at least twice, so he is a repeated offender and should receive the same punishment as several others have...prolonged suspension. Have you guys given a thought to this?
Looking at the board these last few months, his behavior has grown even less friendly than before. Could you please do something about this?
Thank you.

Mike C

Re: FECCs future.

Post by Mike C »

I think it is a good suggestion. I was just attacked today (called "morally bankrupt") by the Doc. My crime? Asking why he chooses to belittle FTD release suggestions by Mike Windgren. He has to be treated the same as others or it will just continue.

Doc has some informative posts but it should not give him carte blanch to attack others he disagrees with. Oh, and in his eyes, I am morally bankrupt because I dared to vote differently than he did in the 2016 Presidential election.

"You go to school. I'm going out to make a buck!"
Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Mike C on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 pm wrote:I think it is a good suggestion. I was just attacked today (called "morally bankrupt") by the Doc. My crime? Asking why he chooses to belittle FTD release suggestions by Mike Windgren. He has to be treated the same as others or it will just continue.

Doc has some informative posts but it should not give him carte blanch to attack others he disagrees with. Oh, and in his eyes, I am morally bankrupt because I dared to vote differently than he did in the 2016 Presidential election.
I don't agree with your political views, and you know that. But I would never let that shine thru in a thread about Elvis. In the OT section, discussion politics? Yes. I know you know what I mean, and we are both ok with that, right?

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

Scarre on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:02 pm wrote:
Mike C on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:51 pm wrote:I think it is a good suggestion. I was just attacked today (called "morally bankrupt") by the Doc. My crime? Asking why he chooses to belittle FTD release suggestions by Mike Windgren. He has to be treated the same as others or it will just continue.

I don't agree with your political views, and you know that. But I would never let that shine thru in a thread about Elvis. In the OT section, discussion politics? Yes. I know you know what I mean, and we are both ok with that, right?
Exactly, my friend! We can still all agree on Elvis and act civilly to each other. We are definitely ok. Happy to speak with you as always.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Rido

Post by Rido »

Scarre on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 pm wrote:In your guidelines you ask for ideas to make this message board better. Here is my suggestion, and I believe many members here agrees.
Just these past few days, drjohncarpenter, has been unfriendly and rude to, just to mention a few; davide and his section. DarrylMac and ChrisM. Still, no action has been taken against this hostility. drjohncarpenter has been banned/suspended at least twice, so he is a repeated offender and should receive the same punishment as several others have...prolonged suspension. Have you guys given a thought to this?
Looking at the board these last few months, his behavior has grown even less friendly than before. Could you please do something about this?
Thank you.
Cant you just put him on your enemies list?Seems that would solve the problem.
Just sayin'

Topic author
Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Rido on Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:30 pm wrote:
Scarre on Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:20 pm wrote:In your guidelines you ask for ideas to make this message board better. Here is my suggestion, and I believe many members here agrees.
Thank you.
Cant you just put him on your enemies list?Seems that would solve the problem.
Just sayin'
That's like saying that the child being bullied in school, should change school...completely wrong.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Rob »

I double-dog dare someone to bully me! Screw it! It is now a triple-dog dare!!!! The last time someone on here bullied me, I put their windshield wipers up on their car when they weren't looking.

Payback is a bitch!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

jetblack
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by jetblack »

Things won't and never will change here with certain members who do get away with a LOT. That's why so many have left and went elsewhere. This board is sadder for their loss. It is what it is.

Andy

Elvis - King of the UK charts

r&b
Registered for: 6 years 2 months

Post by r&b »

jetblack on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:13 am wrote:Things won't and never will change here with certain members who do get away with a LOT. That's why so many have left and went elsewhere. This board is sadder for their loss. It is what it is.

Andy
I think this forum is better than ever. The ones who left were instigators, and so argumentative. One who was suspended here several times, is gone. Id say that is progress. One author ,who if you said the sun is hot, he would argue it. And lets not get into Felton Jarvis. I see he is still arguing Felton produced the 69 sessions over on the other forum. We dont need anymore of that nonsense.

jetblack

Post by jetblack »

r&b on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:50 pm wrote: I think this forum is better than ever. The ones who left were instigators, and so argumentative. One who was suspended here several times, is gone. Id say that is progress. One author ,who if you said the sun is hot, he would argue it. And lets not get into Felton Jarvis. I see he is still arguing Felton produced the 69 sessions over on the other forum. We dont need anymore of that nonsense.
Happy you are keeping track of some of our former members.

There are many, many others that have left here in the last couple of years. That is one of the reasons this board is a lot quieter than it used to be.

Andy

r&b

Post by r&b »

jetblack on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 am wrote:
r&b on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:50 pm wrote: I think this forum is better than ever. The ones who left were instigators, and so argumentative. One who was suspended here several times, is gone. Id say that is progress. One author ,who if you said the sun is hot, he would argue it. And lets not get into Felton Jarvis. I see he is still arguing Felton produced the 69 sessions over on the other forum. We dont need anymore of that nonsense.

There are many, many others that have left here in the last couple of years. That is one of the reasons this board is a lot quieter than it used to be.

Andy
Quieter may be a good thing if there is less arguing going on and sometimes people just leave because life takes a different path and Elvis isnt the most important thing to them anymore. It doesnt always have to do with member issues.

Mike C

Post by Mike C »

r&b on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:43 pm wrote:
jetblack on Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:10 am wrote:

Andy
Quieter may be a good thing if there is less arguing going on and sometimes people just leave because life takes a different path and Elvis isnt the most important thing to them anymore. It doesnt always have to do with member issues.
And, yet, there remains one member who attacks certain folks if they see things differently. It would be nice if the rules the rest of us live by were also applied evenly to that member. The attacks frequently derail threads.

Elvis as Danny Fisher

Topic author
Scarre

Post by Scarre »

r&b on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:50 pm wrote:
jetblack on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:13 am wrote:Things won't and never will change here with certain members who do get away with a LOT. That's why so many have left and went elsewhere. This board is sadder for their loss. It is what it is.

Andy
I think this forum is better than ever. The ones who left were instigators, and so argumentative. One who was suspended here several times, is gone. Id say that is progress. One author ,who if you said the sun is hot, he would argue it. And lets not get into Felton Jarvis. I see he is still arguing Felton produced the 69 sessions over on the other forum. We dont need anymore of that nonsense.
So, a messageboard is better when only one side is allowed to have a say? There is a word for that...censorship. You know, just get rid of those who disagrees or challenges your views...

I´m sure jetblack isn´t only talking about these last few months, when he is saying that many has left. This has been going on for several years.

r&b

Post by r&b »

Scarre on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:56 am wrote:

Andy
So, a messageboard is better when only one side is allowed to have a say? There is a word for that...censorship. You know, just get rid of those who disagrees or challenges your views...

I´m sure jetblack isn´t only talking about these last few months, when he is saying that many has left. This has been going on for several years.
One-sided? I read different views here everyday, but 2 people in particular who left were just here to argue each issue with everyone IMO. One was suspended so many times I lost count. The other just thought he was right about everything and quite nasty about saying it. As for what been going on for several years, I think thats only natural. People move on.

jetblack

Post by jetblack »

r&b on Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:14 pm wrote: One-sided? I read different views here everyday, but 2 people in particular who left were just here to argue each issue with everyone IMO. One was suspended so many times I lost count. The other just thought he was right about everything and quite nasty about saying it. As for what been going on for several years, I think thats only natural. People move on.
If people stopped getting attacked for what 'they like' and some could accept this then the board would be a better place.

Instead we have put downs, oneupmanship and a my opinion is better than yours attitude.

A member can disagree with another but the above is why MANY have moved on.

Andy

Topic author
Scarre

Post by Scarre »

r&b on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:14 pm wrote:

Andy

One-sided? I read different views here everyday, but 2 people in particular who left were just here to argue each issue with everyone IMO. One was suspended so many times I lost count. The other just thought he was right about everything and quite nasty about saying it. As for what been going on for several years, I think thats only natural. People move on.
The fact is...he was mostly right. Some just can't take it. You said he was "quite nasty about saying it". Since he said it himself on this messageboard, I assume it is ok for me to say it once more; he has Asperger's syndrome. Perhaps you could be kind enough to take that in consideration, if you feel he could be too insisting...?

r&b

Post by r&b »

Scarre on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:29 am wrote:

Andy

The fact is...he was mostly right. Some just can't take it. You said he was "quite nasty about saying it". Since he said it himself on this messageboard, I assume it is ok for me to say it once more; he has Asperger's syndrome. Perhaps you could be kind enough to take that in consideration, if you feel he could be too insisting...?
I didnt know that but he must be pretty high functioning to author books and express himself the way he does. I guess that's why he didnt last very long on the other site. It got real nasty over there with the mods. BTW,my son is autistic. I keep him off facebook and other public sites because of that.

Topic author
Scarre

Post by Scarre »

r&b on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:29 pm wrote:
Scarre on Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:29 am wrote:

Andy

I didnt know that but he must be pretty high functioning to author books and express himself the way he does. I guess that's why he didnt last very long on the other site. It got real nasty over there with the mods. BTW,my son is autistic. I keep him off facebook and other public sites because of that.
That is not easy. I wish him and you all the best. Take care.

jurasic1968
Registered for: 11 years 8 months

Post by jurasic1968 »

All the best to your son, r&b.

r&b

Post by r&b »

jurasic1968 on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 am wrote:All the best to your son, r&b.
It is not easy . He is in his 20's. Thanks for your well wishes

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

I agree with Jurasic1968 & Scarre in wishing your son well, r&b. I have a friend who has a son who is also autistic. :(

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

Stevenson
Registered for: 10 years 7 months

Post by Stevenson »

R&B, well wishes from me too...

I'd like to ask - could it be possible to reveal the "mulitple username" of banned person?
I remember reading descriptions next to username of a banned person like - "frequent returning memmber" or "very angry person" or "same user as (...)" etc.
I know it won't help keeping FECC "clean" but I'd found it very interesting to read a list of "who was who".

When your heart gets restless - time to move along,
When your heart gets weary - time to sing a song,
But when a dream is calling you
There's just one thing that you can do...

Follow That Dream (1961)

Winston
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Post by Winston »

The only thing that really is bad here is the layout. I wish it was more
Presley-like!!! :smt007

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.
Mike C on October 19th, 2018, 8:51 pm wrote:I think it is a good suggestion. I was just attacked today (called "morally bankrupt") by the Doc. My crime? Asking why he chooses to belittle FTD release suggestions by Mike Windgren. He has to be treated the same as others or it will just continue.

Thank you for your support! :wink:.

Yes I was suspended once again just because an argument I had with the Doc on the "Elvis Is Back!" sessions :shock:. Now it seems another argument is starting regarding the bootleg cd release of Elvis-Avventura in Oriente, lets see what happens.. :roll:. We don´t live in a free world anymore, sad! :cry:. Bye for now :smt006.

Maestro. Mike Windgren. Torero!!!!!!!!.
Always Trying To Make Peace <<--->> On FECC
Not The Best, Just The Coolest Guy Around!.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Rob »

If I were a moderator, I would ban everyone's ass on here except mine.

The Lord knows I don't mind talking to myself -- and arguing with myself would not be tolerated!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.