Multiples

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Registered for: 14 years 8 months
Mood:

Multiples

Post by Moderator3 »

There has always been the accusation that certain members have multiple usernames.
Lately there has been the accusation that these members can hide their true identity and fool us. Not so.
I have asked the mechanic to explain to us all how all of this works.
FECC-Mechanic wrote:The main way people try to cloak their identity and register multiple usernames is via the use of "VPN's". This lets the member appear to come from a different IP address, and most of the time from a different country. The main problem with this is that most VPN hosters stand out from real, residential service providers. Unless someone lives in a building full of computers.... We have had a few members try this in the past, unsuccessfully. The second is via the TOR network. As of late, we see this a little less as we are actively blocking that method. Why? No good comes from TOR and those that use it.
The accused members on the forum do not have multiple usernames. The IP's are legit, and come from true residential areas. Not VPN's or from the use of any other cloaking method. We are 100% sure of this.
There are of course other methods that members try to use, but those are best left quiet. We don't want to give on that we know these things. :evil: ::rocks
There you have it. I trust the mechanic when it comes to these things.

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Re: Multiples

Post by Rob »

I know I'll be sleeping better tonight.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.