Shout it out should be deleted

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Juan Luis

Shout it out should be deleted

Post by Juan Luis »

A whole thread was deleted. It even included moderator participation with a few "likes" by him/her, IIRC. I am sure this was done cause it got personal. Now, R&B posted a thread (still exists) complaining about my Jarvis signature among other things in OFF TOPIC. One cannot get more personal than that. So what's the deal? Doc got one week suspension while the rest of us that have gotten suspended get TWO WEEKS. What's the deal there? I think this whole SHOUT IT OUT section should be eliminated cause if it going to be CENSORED, it ain't worth having.

EPA4368

Re: Shout it out should be deleted

Post by EPA4368 »

Two threads were deleted, the other one was 'How was Memphis during the 70's ?'

I like to see... keeping the topic's title with why the entire thread was deleted, or keep the replies that were okay with why others replies were deleted. The latter might be too much pending all the replies, so understand deleting the entire thread, but again, keeping topic's title with why the entire thread was deleted.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

I don't know either why the tread in the shout it out forum was deleted.
Several members mentioned that it gotten very pleasant here in the last week and complimented the moderators for it and the moderator thanked for the positive vibe.
Was that so hard to swallow so it should be deleted?

It was a civil discussion.
It's called "shout it out" ( and that wasn't even done in that tread) not "shove it up your nose and make sure it stays there".

jessewade
Banned
Banned

Post by jessewade »

Juan Luis on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:16 pm wrote:A whole thread was deleted. It even included moderator participation with a few "likes" by him/her, IIRC. I am sure this was done cause it got personal. Now, R&B posted a thread (still exists) complaining about my Jarvis signature among other things in OFF TOPIC. One cannot get more personal than that. So what's the deal? Doc got one week suspension while the rest of us that have gotten suspended get TWO WEEKS. What's the deal there? I think this whole SHOUT IT OUT section should be eliminated cause if it going to be CENSORED, it ain't worth having.
100% agree with that . This is a joke , really
I HATE this CENSORSHIP

MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

Although I admit the Memphis 70s thread was going unnecessary in the racial corner, although I did not detect racial slurs.
But this shout it out thread was not poisoned.

Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Mood:

Post by Moderator3 »

The 70's thread was removed because it had gotten extremely racist towards the end.

The thread here in shout it out was removed because it became a free-for-all for making personal attacks.

Nothing is censored. If the guidelines are followed then things remain. If guidelines are broken then they don't. It is that simple.

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

Respectfully i saw no personal attacks on this shout it out thread.
It was even acknowledged for the positive vibe from a moderator cause some member said"don't know what happened but It was peaceful the last week so the moderators must have done something good ".
That was pretty much the quote on which feec moderator thanked for the "positive vibes which were much appreciated:".

Just wanna say this cause that was was written here.

InheritTheWind

Post by InheritTheWind »

Moderator3 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:21 pm wrote:The 70's thread was removed because it had gotten extremely racist towards the end.

The thread here in shout it out was removed because it became a free-for-all for making personal attacks.

Nothing is censored. If the guidelines are followed then things remain. If guidelines are broken then they don't. It is that simple.
Thank you for this. And this is why Moderators are so important.

::rocks

matilda
Banned
Banned

Post by matilda »

InheritTheWind on Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 pm wrote:
Moderator3 on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:21 pm wrote:The 70's thread was removed because it had gotten extremely racist towards the end.

Thank you for this. And this is why Moderators are so important.

::rocks
To be real honest and i wasn't part of that thread:It was you and others who put the racial "thing "in users mouth,,,,,,even in rob's mouth cause he happened to say that some African American stared at him while he was making pictures.
So would you call Rob a racist?
In my opinion you created a problem where there was none.
So,please, stop that.

Rob
GodFather of FECC

Post by Rob »

matilda on Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:49 pm wrote:To be real honest and i wasn't part of that thread:It was you and others who put the racial "thing "in users mouth,,,,,,even in Rob's mouth cause he happened to say that some African American stared at him while he was making pictures.
So would you call Rob a racist?
In my opinion you created a problem where there was none.
So,please, stop that.
I appreciate the support, but it's not necessary. Anyone who knows me would laugh at that. One of my best friends in this world is a black man who I have loved dearly for 25 years. He is a huge Elvis fan and I took him to Memphis in 1997 and showed him the time of his life. We had a blast.

I voted for Obama.....twice! Don't I get any points for that?

On 2nd thought, maybe there are some problems with me. Yes, I did state that there were some African Americans staring at me while I took some pictures in Memphis. I would have stated that some white people were there as well, but there weren't any, except for the white cop who hauled ass (I got the impression that he was a tad prejudice). Still, that may make me a racist. I think I'm also a sexist. We played music Saturday night and there were quite a few women staring at me. I didn't notice any of the men doing it, just those damned women.

Oh, no! I also married a woman. I'm homophobic, too! I cringe at the thought of sleeping with a man, but very much enjoy sleeping with a woman.

I'm a racist, a sexist, and a homophobic!

I gotta get help and need to be banned immediately!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

lanadelslay

Post by lanadelslay »

I personally think a thread should be deleted when users start really insulting each other, and saying vile things for no other reason but to be nasty to each other. Opinions shouldn't be deleted, criticisms either, but somehow the lines are blurred

Topic author
Mr. Black

Post by Mr. Black »

If things get out of hand, why not lock the thread rather than delete it?

mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

Rob on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:59 am wrote:I voted for Obama.....twice! Don't I get any points for that?
Not in hindsight.

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah