if i may politely enquire...

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
mike edwards66
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

if i may politely enquire...

Post by mike edwards66 »

please could one of the mods tell us what happened to the 'aloha - fact and fantasy' topic posted by elvis australia.

it had given rise to some interesting discussion, and good additional info from elvis-fan.

i myself had hit on a bona fide 'elvis mystery' - elvis having announced the actual amount of $75k donated to the kui lee cancer fund at the rehearsal show. which meant. either the gate from the actual show was unaccounted for, or as i speculated, more probably, elvis and colonel 'pre-decided' a conservative figure before the gates were in.

and now its all gone.

thank you in advance for any reply.
mike

>>>

some people say i done all right for a girl . . . oh yeah yeah

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Re: if i may politely enquire...

Post by Rob »

I will politely let you know that there will be no "interesting discussions with good info" allowed around here. If the moderators or myself see anything of the sort, we will make it disappear in the blink of an eye.

Consider this a warning for everyone and you are on notice for asking such a question, mister!

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

Topic author
mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

Rob on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:31 pm wrote:I will politely let you know that there will be no "interesting discussions with good info" allowed around here. If the moderators or myself see anything of the sort, we will make it disappear in the blink of an eye.

Consider this a warning for everyone and you are on notice for asking such a question, mister!
Thanks, Rob. You are my favourite moderator.

>>>

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by rickeap »

i noticed it had degenerated into an attack on the site, so i gather it was deleted.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

rickeap on Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:30 am wrote:i noticed it had degenerated into an attack on the site, so i gather it was deleted.
There was no "attack on the site," just testimony as to how the site steals intellectual content from anyone and everyone, from author Alanna Nash to the official Scotty Moore site, run by James V. Roy, to many of my contributions on this forum. The person who runs that is despicable.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

rickeap
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by rickeap »

I don't remember the exact words in the original, now-deleted post, but calling someone who runs a site despicable probably qualifies as an attack so i gather I summed it up fairly well.

Topic author
mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

rickeap on Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:01 am wrote:I don't remember the exact words in the original, now-deleted post, but calling someone who runs a site despicable probably qualifies as an attack so i gather I summed it up fairly well.
You summed it up very well, Rick. My original reply to you on this topic got deleted, but the truly offensive post above remains in place. I'll try again, a little softer. There was only one member who was upset on that particular 'Aloha - Fact and Fancy' topic, nobody else, it seemed, could be bothered. And there was an unmistakeable 'look at me - grandstanding' vibe to the posts from that upset member.

>>>

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

FECC Team Note: Please remember this section is not to be used to talk about disciplinary actions against particular members. This is stated in the description of this section. Thank you.

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

FECC Team Note: Please remember this section is not to be used to talk about disciplinary actions against particular members. This is stated in the description of this section. Thank you.

TINML
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TINML »

"We can do what we want, we can live as we chose. You see, there's no guarantee, we've got nothing to lose.."

Scarre

Post by Scarre »

Topic author
mike edwards66

Post by mike edwards66 »

>>>