Sticky business?!

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Juan Luis

Sticky business?!

Post by Juan Luis »

What does one have to do to get a sticky around here? http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=99807&start=50#p1639866

And this is just an example. Is it favoritism? BTW, my thread has gotten 2500 plus hits...without the aid of a sticky. But nevertheless showed it was very much of interest. Too late now for that one. But in the future....

Moderator3
Forum Moderator
Mood:

Re: Sticky business?!

Post by Moderator3 »

All you have to do is ask. We can't make a sticky without a request from you!

FECC-Moderator

Post by FECC-Moderator »

Actually it's quite easy, you can request your topic to be made into a sticky by writing either moderator3 or me.
We then checkout the topic at hand, and decide if it's worth of a sticky or not.

There is no favoritism, and we'd like to ask you to refrain from implying so, if you want one of your topics to be made/considered to be a sticky, write any of the moderators and we'll deal with it.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Thank you. I did not think one had to ask for a sticky.. but was awarded for merit by the mods. Knowing this...I won't be asking for one, cause it would feel like tooting my own horn.

Topic author
poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Juan Luis on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:10 am wrote:Thank you. I did not think one had to ask for a sticky.. but was awarded for merit by the mods. Knowing this...I won't be asking for one, cause it would feel like tooting my own horn.

I toot my horn, so you might as well toot yours.

I'm sure quite a few blokes toot their own horns around here. (If double-entendres ever get added to the guidelines, I've really had it!)

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Moderator3 on Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:01 pm wrote:All you have to do is ask. We can't make a sticky without a request from you!
BTW, Just remembered. I had a sticky once without ever asking for it! So that's why I thought what I thought. Now I am clear, or clearer.

SteamrollerBlues

Post by SteamrollerBlues »

Too much sticky business for me to be involved in...

Steve Morse

Post by Steve Morse »

"We're in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun."

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"