Split from "The Searcher" topic.

This section is to discuss forum related matters. Per guidelines, disciplinary actions taken against member(s) past and present will not be discussed.
We understand some discussion may become heated, but all we ask is that you remain civil at all times. This forum is meant to give you, the member, an outlet to discuss how we can improve the forum in many different ways. Therefore, it is to be used to come up with solutions - not cause more problems!

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Mister Mike
Registered for: 17 years

Re: Split from "The Searcher" topic.

Post by Mister Mike »

QUOTE: I don't see why it has to be the victim of the attack that reports the issue. An attack on another member is a breach of the rules, no matter who reports it. That doesn't mean I am suggesting that we all go around hunting out attacks by other members of the forum to report in the way that you said had happened in this instance, but I also don't see why a report by a different person makes it any less of an offence, or one that can be ignored. If X clearly attacks Y, then X shouldn't get away with it just because Y doesn't happen to come back here for four days and misses it.

Because what you consider a blatant breach of the rules might be considered otherwise by the person concerned. I know I wouldn't want somedody else go crying to the Moderators because someone might have 'attacked' me. Let me be the judge of the level of the offense and deal with it (even if it's a week later). What I see is the opening of the door to one of more members stalking another in hope of catching that moment when he might say/write something they consider in breach of the rules. Or people sending private messages to the ones they consider having been 'victimized' urging them to contact the Moderators to report the 'crime'. Let's all be big boys and girls and take care of our own backyard.

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

Steve Morse
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Steve Morse »

I was somewhat surprised to be 'tagged'. I have never initiated a personal attack and have never baited anyone other than trying to defend myself, or my stance on a particular song/performance by Elvis. In other words, I am not going to do nothing when someone talks down to me, issues instructions or generally acts like an infallible headmaster forever correcting his pupils.

That said, I am grateful to the Moderators for trying to put things right - it can't be easy and they are giving up precious personal time to administer a messageboard without which, I am sure, our enjoyment of Elvis would be greatly diminished.

"Won't you sing me away to a summer night - let me hold her in my arms again"

Rob
GodFather of FECC
Registered for: 8 years 1 month

Post by Rob »

The moderators and myself are getting damned tired of babysitting around here. If we don't get some cooperation very soon, heads WILL roll. If I have to suspend everyone here, don't think for a minute that I won't do it. I will be the only one left on this board. I've started many threads before and have been the only one to reply to them.

I treasure my own company very, very much.

The United States of America have had
forty-six Presidents, but only ONE King!

Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen.
You're a beautiful audience.

poormadpeter2

Post by poormadpeter2 »

Mister Mike on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:11 am wrote:QUOTE: I don't see why it has to be the victim of the attack that reports the issue. An attack on another member is a breach of the rules, no matter who reports it. That doesn't mean I am suggesting that we all go around hunting out attacks by other members of the forum to report in the way that you said had happened in this instance, but I also don't see why a report by a different person makes it any less of an offence, or one that can be ignored. If X clearly attacks Y, then X shouldn't get away with it just because Y doesn't happen to come back here for four days and misses it.

Because what you consider a blatant breach of the rules might be considered otherwise by the person concerned. I know I wouldn't want somedody else go crying to the Moderators because someone might have 'attacked' me. Let me be the judge of the level of the offense and deal with it (even if it's a week later). What I see is the opening of the door to one of more members stalking another in hope of catching that moment when he might say/write something they consider in breach of the rules. Or people sending private messages to the ones they consider having been 'victimized' urging them to contact the Moderators to report the 'crime'. Let's all be big boys and girls and take care of our own backyard.
People can message the victim anyway if they want to, so changing the rule isn't going to change that. The current rule is equivalent to seeing a crime committed and not reporting it because it didn't happen to us personally.

Hard Rocker

Post by Hard Rocker »

Best for all warnings to be given publicly IMO.

Domino
Registered for: 8 years 2 months

Post by Domino »

Too bad so many relevant points to this discussion got removed before this new thread was created.

8) "Well sir,to be honest with you,we just stumbled upon it." - 1954
ImageImage