Re: Very rarely seen interview at Fisher's Steakhouse ? Or..

Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:58 pm

It's gone very quiet from the Washington Street direction. :D

Incidentally, Elvis is so 'cool', even in this very brief interview - no wonder we're still fascinated, 58 and 39 years later.

Re: Never seen or heard before (by me) interview - 1958

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:09 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:.....and I see no military personnel around.

Here ya go:

military personnel.png


MikeFromHolland wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:I also see how Elvis & his buddy rest their hands on a bed and you can briefly see a military Police with his cap!


Thanks Mike. I've put up a question mark. It sure likes they are standing at the edge of a bed.

Military personnel bunk bed.


Hey, I should get all the praise for my excellent detective work smt168 regarding the military personnel! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.



Yes, you deserve a Detective STAR. Here you go:

Image

.

Got a long way to go for the senior one though....

Re: Never seen or heard before (by me) interview - 1958

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:28 pm

Davelee wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

mike edwards66 wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:.....and I see no military personnel around.

Here ya go:

military personnel.png


MikeFromHolland wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote:I also see how Elvis & his buddy rest their hands on a bed and you can briefly see a military Police with his cap!


Thanks Mike. I've put up a question mark. It sure likes they are standing at the edge of a bed.

Military personnel bunk bed.


Hey, I should get all the praise for my excellent detective work smt168 regarding the military personnel! :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.



Yes, you deserve a Detective STAR. Here you go:

Image

.

Got a long way to go for the senior one though....



He has to dig up the full recording sessions with all takes, false starts and studio talk of Roustabout, Kissing' Cousins and Speedway to earn that one :wink:

.

Re: Very rarely seen interview at Fisher's Steakhouse

Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:46 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:.

Adjusted the title.

Probably best to adjust it back now.


Mike Windgren wrote:Hey, I should get all the praise for my excellent detective work smt168 regarding the military personnel!

Absolutely, Mike! Have you ever worked in the media.

Re: Very rarely seen interview at Fisher's Steakhouse

Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:28 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

mike edwards66 wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:.

Adjusted the title.

Probably best to adjust it back now.


Mike Windgren wrote:Hey, I should get all the praise for my excellent detective work smt168 regarding the military personnel!

Absolutely, Mike! Have you ever worked in the media.


Nope :smt005. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Very rarely seen interview at Fisher's Steakhouse

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:31 pm

mike edwards66 wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:.

Adjusted the title.

Probably best to adjust it back now.



Done.

Thank y'all for the input!

.

Re: Very rarely seen interview at Fisher's Steakhouse

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:39 pm

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

MikeFromHolland wrote:
mike edwards66 wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:Adjusted the title.

Probably best to adjust it back now.

Done.
Thank y'all for the input!.


Thanks! smt131. Trust those who know... :wink:. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Very rarely seen interview at Fisher's Steakhouse

Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:41 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:Thank y'all for the input!



My pleasure.

I wonder if Fisher's Steak House is still around? Maybe one of our junior detectives can check that out.

::rocks

Re: Rare footage: interview from the barracks at Fort Chaffe

Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:43 am

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I just found out that I had this rare clip for years.... :smt005.

If you´re into Elvis military stuff like me, the most recent and updated DVD about Elvis service in the US Army is: Soldier Boy 53 310 761 DVD, which include tons of military movie reels (118 minutes).

Image
Soldier Boy 53 310 761 DVD.

Beware of a cheap DVD-r release called: Elvis-Military Tour Of Duty 1958-1960.

Image
Elvis-Military Tour Of Duty 1958-1960 DVD-r.

These two dvd´s include this rare Fort Chaffee video clip. What we really need is an oficial DVD release by EPE, containing all the Elvis Army movie reels taken from original masters 8). I´m sure there are still tons of unreleased material. Bye for now :smt006.

Re: Rare footage: interview from the barracks at Fort Chaffe

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:19 pm

Mike Windgren wrote:Hi there!! :D :D :D.

I just found out that I had this rare clip for years.... :smt005.

If you´re into Elvis military stuff like me, the most recent and updated DVD about Elvis service in the US Army is: Soldier Boy 53 310 761 DVD, which include tons of military movie reels (118 minutes).

Image
Soldier Boy 53 310 761 DVD.

Beware of a cheap DVD-r release called: Elvis-Military Tour Of Duty 1958-1960.

Image
Elvis-Military Tour Of Duty 1958-1960 DVD-r.

These two dvd´s include this rare Fort Chaffee video clip. What we really need is an oficial DVD release by EPE, containing all the Elvis Army movie reels taken from original masters 8). I´m sure there are still tons of unreleased material. Bye for now :smt006.


Cool!