Re: >>> SONGS IN THE SPOTLIGHT <<<

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:37 pm

::rocks

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 pm

MikeFromHolland wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:This thread should be in my opinion, a permanent sticky. Made it easy for me this very day! :)

More people said that, thanks! How can that be arranged? I'm too humble to go after that myself...

Perhaps you could add the phrase, "Incredible new CD set due from MRS!!!" to the header. That's always worked in the past.

Haha. Good one! Let's see if it attracts attention from moderators to Juan Luis question...

It worked! Thank you moderator :smt023

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:23 pm

I see Juan created one about Always On My Mind... I didn't see that one on your list Mike so I thought I'd mention it...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98042

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:26 pm

elvis-fan wrote:I see Juan created one about Always On My Mind... I didn't see that one on your list Mike so I thought I'd mention it...

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98042

Thanks! If there are more I missed, please let me know!

::rocks

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Thank you moderator(s)!

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:12 am

Added:

Always On My Mind
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98042#p1595325

Apron Strings
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=87319&p=1370086#p1369582

---

David Hess RIP
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=64956&p=965875#p965789

Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:36 am

Brilliant topic (must have missed it until now) plus the idea to make it a 'sticky'.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:01 pm

Added:

Unreleased song list 1976
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96398#p1561948

"Dirty Tricks" --> Remembering Sylvia and Myrna
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65779&hilit=

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:06 pm

Great thread Mike.....thanks for your great work putting all this together ::rocks

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:03 am

MikeFromHolland wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
Juan Luis wrote:This thread should be in my opinion, a permanent sticky. Made it easy for me this very day! :)

More people said that, thanks! How can that be arranged? I'm too humble to go after that myself...

Perhaps you could add the phrase, "Incredible new CD set due from MRS!!!" to the header. That's always worked in the past.

Haha. Good one! Let's see if it attracts attention from moderators to Juan Luis question...

Well, that didn't take long...

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:18 am

MikeFromHolland wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:
The Pirate wrote:
MikeFromHolland wrote:

Well, that didn't take long...

No rules against bumping?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Time to come up with another eye-catching topic title? I suggest, "Joseph Pirzada claims to have found Hound Dog session tapes in rubbish skip behind Tesco Express in Croydon."

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:59 pm

The Pirate wrote:Time to come up with another eye-catching topic title? I suggest, "Joseph Pirzada claims to have found Hound Dog session tapes in rubbish skip behind Tesco Express in Croydon."

LOL

"Make The World Go Away" and "Any Day Now" added.

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:53 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91436

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:51 pm

Juan Luis wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=91436

Added :D

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:13 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98790 :)

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:40 pm

Juan Luis wrote:http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=98790 :)

Added :D

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:39 pm

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92277&p=1473894#p1473894

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Signs of the Zodiac

According to the book "Elvis - Frame by frame" written by Bill Bram (page 239) the lyrics for the movie version are changed by the wife of sreenplaywriter Arnold Peyser.
The original version was written by Buddy Kaye & Ben Weisman and this version has more verses. Also a lot of lines were changed.
It's unknown at the moment if the longer version was recorded in an earlier take. The master is track 2004 take 9.

colonel snow

Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 pm

colonel snow on Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:31 pm wrote:Signs of the Zodiac

According to the book "Elvis - Frame by frame" written by Bill Bram (page 239) the lyrics for the movie version are changed by the wife of sreenplaywriter Arnold Peyser.
The original version was written by Buddy Kaye & Ben Weisman and this version has more verses. Also a lot of lines were changed.
It's unknown at the moment if the longer version was recorded in an earlier take. The master is track 2004 take 9.

colonel snow

Can't remember where I had found this poor scan of original sheet:

signs (1).JPG

signs (2).JPG

signs (3).JPG

signs (4).JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.