Re: Elvis´ Love For My Dying Child (1972 article)

Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:13 am

What a post, The Fool. I've always wondered about the story behind this footage.

Thank you for posting. ::rocks

Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:23 am

Every time I see that video, it brings me to tears. If Elvis seemed uncomfortable at all, it's because these types of meetings were never done in front of cameras. It was always a very private thing with him. Props to the Colonel for setting this up.

Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:36 am

Rocker wrote:Is the version of "You gave me a mountain" (or even the whole show) out on bootleg?

it is, on a bad sounding audience recording, a cd-r called "knocks em cold in albuquerque".
listen to it on:
http://www.elvisconcerts.com/cdr/720419es.htm

according to her mom/rose perlberg, denise asked her idol to sing on of her favorites "love me tender" or "don´t cry daddy" during their meeting in the trailer behind the stage, just before showtime on april 19th 1972.

during the following show the band (as usual) starts "you gave me a mountain", then elvis apruptly and surprisingly switches to (and starts singing) "love me tender", as if he had remembered denise´s wish right there - one has to admit that the song was part of his regular program during that tour anyhow (or was it indeed meant as a little surprise to denise?; she was sitting right in front of him in the first row).
after "love me tender" he speaks some words, that are hardly audible, but after reading the photoplay article, posted by the fool, one can assume that these were the dedication to denise, since "you gave me a mountain" then follows.