Folk And Country Songs, July 1956

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:38 pm

Pickin´ ´N´ Skiin´
Folk And Country Songs, July 1956 (the first issue)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Folk And Country Songs, July 1956

Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Interesting in that every photo is from 1955, and most taken in Memphis. Does the magazine give any credits?

The one from Tampa (RCA ad, uncropped first LP image) is by Robertson, the ones from RCA New York are by "PoPsie."

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:00 am

Great posting as always, thank you.

Where does the article live up to the cover blurb?

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Interesting in that every photo is from 1955, and most taken in Memphis. Does the magazine give any credits?

No, there are no photo credits in this magazine.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:07 am

Thanks, The fool, for another interesting early article.

Also interesting that the name "Charles Neal" crops up again - two of the captions mention it. We discussed this subject not long ago as part of a thread about a Mae Axton article also posted by The fool, and finally concluded that the guy in the photo was Sonny Neal.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=78792

My thoughts are, maybe Bob Neal really had a son named Charles and somebody had this mixed-up with Sonny, Bob Neal's oldest son. I'm sure someone must know about this.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:10 am

George Smith wrote:Great posting as always, thank you.

Where does the article live up to the cover blurb?

You´re welcome, George Smith.

I did not even notice that. This editorial speaks of "Elvis´ greatest love", so maybe that´s it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:11 am

Mister Moon wrote:Thanks, The fool, for another interesting early article.

You´re welcome, Mister Moon.