Gelormine´s Elvis World 1978-79: Bruce Springsteen

Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:52 am

Bruce Springsteen reads Elvis World
Phil Gelormine´s Elvis World, Issue No. 3 - Winter, 1978/79

(A very nice article, copyright of Elvis World. If Mr. Gelormine wants this to be removed, I will naturally do so.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by The fool on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Gelormine´s Elvis World 1980: Bruce Springsteen

Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:48 am

The fool wrote:Bruce Springsteen reads Elvis World
Phil Gelormine´s Elvis World, Issue No. 3 - Winter, 1978/79

(A very nice article, copyright of Elvis World. If Mr. Gelormine wants this to be removed, I will naturally do so.)

Image

Image


What can you say? Phil Gelormine was right on the money.

Bruce Springsteen is about the coolest Elvis Presley fan there is, then as now.

If you want to hear ripping versions of "Heartbreak Hotel" and "Good Rockin' Tonight" at Madison Square Garden, hit YouTube and dial up Bruce's performances of them that long ago summer of 1978. No one's done anything like that since.

Thanks for the share!

P.S. You might want to edit your title to read: Gelormine's Elvis World 1978-79: Bruce Springsteen

Re: Gelormine´s Elvis World 1980: Bruce Springsteen

Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thanks for the share!

P.S. You might want to edit your title to read: Gelormine's Elvis World 1978-79: Bruce Springsteen

You´re welcome.

And I did. Thanks for noticing my mistake with the topic title. It´s been corrected now.

Re: Gelormine´s Elvis World 1978-79: Bruce Springsteen

Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:36 am

The fool wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Thanks for the share!

P.S. You might want to edit your title to read: Gelormine's Elvis World 1978-79: Bruce Springsteen

You´re welcome.

And I did. Thanks for noticing my mistake with the topic title. It´s been corrected now.


Cool. Thank you.

What was striking were Bruce’s perceptive comments about “Burning Love” – even in 1972, in the midst of cutting his debut LP for Columbia, he was still a fan -- and how kindly he treated that fan backstage in Troy. And his pronouncement on how he hoped to be remembered is quite ironic, don’t you think?

Springsteen opened the first set in Troy with “High School Confidential,” the second with “Rave On.” The sound check included a one-off of the Shadows hit, “Apache.”

1978-11-12 - RPI FIELD HOUSE, RENSSELAER POLYTECHNIC INSTITUTE, TROY, NY
http://brucebase.wikispaces.com/1978#121178

Another special night, capped by an Elvis chat with a fan who understood.

Re: Gelormine´s Elvis World 1978-79: Bruce Springsteen

Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:08 am

Thanks for the excellent insights and specialist knowledge, much appreciated. Bruce's Live album in the mid-80s was on constantly, it was actually one of the few LP's my parents (I'm sure it was my mother because she has it for him AND Elvis, and still feels the same) bought that actually was real good. These last years, going through YouTube video's I am regularly pleasantly surprised and touched when Bruce decides to pay a musical tribute to Elvis and other major musical artists that are sadly no longer with us. What great musicians he has, that can tackle any pop or rock song. But HE pulls it all together, a great performer and singer, and I love him for it. And I can't believe he still looks and sounds so young, it must be true that good rock 'n' roll keeps the spirit young. Everything starts with the spirit. :)