Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:09 pm

A very nice article from the November 1961 issue of Photoplay.

Is This Mrs. Elvis Presley?
by Memphis Press-Scimitar´s reporter Edwin Howard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Thank you 'the Fool'

that's a great article and some very nice pics!

Ed

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 pm

ed40 wrote:Thank you 'the Fool'

that's a great article and some very nice pics!

Ed

I´m glad you liked it, Ed.

More and more, I am surprised at how much of Elvis´ private life was exposed in these magazines. How did Elvis feel about this? How did Elvis feel about this article? I´m inclined to think he was not happy about this. Why did Anita agree to do this? Was she desparate because of Priscilla? When did she find out about Priscilla? Why do I have so many questions?

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:55 am

Thank you very much, another great magazine for my collection. Please keep 'em coming, it's fascinating to read these old magazines.
I'm sure Elvis hate these, but what he expect? He was a star, and people love to read (and buy) everything about stars.

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:18 am

There are always little details that these articles provide that make them worthwhile. In this case, we begin to see how difficult it was for Anita, especially after Elvis finished his army stint in 1960. She indeed ended up being "just the girl who waits ... and waits ..."

Memphis-Press Scimitar reporter Edwin Howard certainly had an intimate view of the relationship, having followed them in print since the beginning, in July 1957. He does get one fact wrong, the first film Anita would have made after winning that Hollywood talent contest, "Girl in the Woods," was indeed made, and released in June 1958.

"Girl In The Woods" (AB-PT Pictures Corp., June 1958)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051660/
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/76353/Girl-in-the-Woods/full-credits.html

Anita's part went to actress Diana Francis.


580000_Diana Francis_Girl In The Woods.JPG
Diana Francis, "Girl In The Woods" publicity shot
This would be her only movie role.


As many know, Anita finally had enough and left Graceland (and Elvis) forever the following August. His loss! She was then, as now, a very cool lady.

Read more about Anita here:
Anita Wood --> The One Who Got Away !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61930


Thanks, as always, The fool!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:There are always little details that these articles provide that make them worthwhile. In this case, we begin to see how difficult it was for Anita, especially after Elvis finished his army stint in 1960. She indeed ended up being "just the girl who waits ... and waits ..."

Memphis-Press Scimitar reporter Edwin Howard certainly had an intimate view of the relationship, having followed them in print since the beginning, in July 1957. He does get one fact wrong, the first film Anita would have made after winning that Hollywood talent contest, "Girl in the Woods," was indeed made, and released in June 1958.

"Girl In The Woods" (AB-PT Pictures Corp., June 1958)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051660/
http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/76353/Girl-in-the-Woods/full-credits.html

Anita's part went to actress Diana Francis.


580000_Diana Francis_Girl In The Woods.JPG
Diana Francis, "Girl In The Woods" publicity shot
This would be her only movie role.


As many know, Anita finally had enough and left Graceland (and Elvis) forever the following August. His loss! She was then, as now, a very cool lady.

Read more about Anita here:
Anita Wood --> The One Who Got Away !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61930


Thanks, as always, The fool!



She could have your eyes out with those!!!!!

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:29 pm

my thoughts exactly :smt003 :smt003

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:44 pm

Thanks the Fool!

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Do you know if Elvis and Anita stayed in touch through the following years?
They always say "remained good friends" but was this really the case?

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Wibi08 wrote:Do you know if Elvis and Anita stayed in touch through the following years?
They always say "remained good friends" but was this really the case?


I think they saw each other in Vegas once during the 70s.

Anita says she called Elvis after her dad died which i think was in the 70s.

Other than that i don't think they saw each other.

Re: Anita Wood & Elvis (Photoplay, November 1961)

Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Wibi08 wrote:Do you know if Elvis and Anita stayed in touch through the following years?
They always say "remained good friends" but was this really the case?

The answer is in my previous reply...

Read more about Anita here:
Anita Wood --> The One Who Got Away !
http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61930