From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 am

It´s Lisa´s birthday, so here´s another article from the year she was born.

ELVIS PRESLEY: KEPT FROM HIS BABY FOR THREE DAYS!!!
Exclusive Photos - Story
Movie Mirror, May 1968

Happy birthday, Lisa!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:05 am

And the last three pages...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:10 pm

As always, these are fascinating. I was struck to read Maurice Elliot was the spokesperson at Baptist Memorial back in February 1968. He would play the same role nine and a half years later, albeit under very tragic circumstances. And I had no idea Joe Esposito was Elvis' "secretary."

It's also funny to note how differently husbands were treated during a wife's labor and birth. During Priscilla's labor Elvis was told to go home for lunch! He was kept out of the delivery room and could not hold his child for days! I'm glad things are different today, I wouldn't trade my 30-hour experience for anything in the world.

These articles about Lisa's birth exude joy. They are so nice to read. Thank you for sharing them.

And Happy Birthday, Lisa!

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:13 pm

What! Nobody has already said to you!?

...THANK
MERCI
DANK
GRACIAS
ميرسي
GRAZIE
СПАСИБО
TAKK
VĂ MULŢUMESC
ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΟΥΜΕ...

:mrgreen:

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Lives wrote:What! Nobody has already said to you!?

...THANK
MERCI
DANK
GRACIAS
ميرسي
GRAZIE
СПАСИБО
TAKK
VĂ MULŢUMESC
ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΟΥΜΕ...

:mrgreen:

Did you read my reply?

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:45 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:As always, these are fascinating. I was struck to read Maurice Elliot was the spokesperson at Baptist Memorial back in February 1968. He would play the same role nine and a half years later, albeit under very tragic circumstances. And I had no idea Joe Esposito was Elvis' "secretary."

It's also funny to note how differently husbands were treated during a wife's labor and birth. During Priscilla's labor Elvis was told to go home for lunch! He was kept out of the delivery room and could not hold his child for days! I'm glad things are different today, I wouldn't trade my 30-hour experience for anything in the world.

These articles about Lisa's birth exude joy. They are so nice to read. Thank you for sharing them.

And Happy Birthday, Lisa!


Very nice the fool. I echo all you say above Doc, It's somewhat of a sentimental read being a parent myself. Can't imagine having to watch your new born child on closed circuit television. Thankfully these days fathers are encouraged to be in the delivery room and being given your child to hold at the moment of birth is one experience etched forever in my memory.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:46 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Lives wrote:What! Nobody has already said to you!?

...THANK
MERCI
DANK
GRACIAS
ميرسي
GRAZIE
СПАСИБО
TAKK
VĂ MULŢUMESC
ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΟΥΜΕ...

:mrgreen:

Did you read my reply?


Yes, have a look on the time of the messages ! :smt103 I was writing my message...your one just arrived on the site...
Then I was too lazy to remove it …a thousand apologies Doc... and a big kiss from a pretty women (they says....) :smt083

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:56 pm

Good read. Liked the article a lot

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:10 am

Lives wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
Lives wrote:What! Nobody has already said to you!?

...THANK
MERCI
DANK
GRACIAS
ميرسي
GRAZIE
СПАСИБО
TAKK
VĂ MULŢUMESC
ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΟΥΜΕ...

:mrgreen:

Did you read my reply?


Yes, have a look on the time of the messages ! :smt103 I was writing my message...your one just arrived on the site...
Then I was too lazy to remove it …a thousand apologies Doc... and a big kiss from a pretty women (they says....) :smt083

Your message was nice, too.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:39 am

As always Fool, it's great to read these old magazine articles. Thanks for sharing.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:50 am

Awesome. Thanks again the fool!

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:39 am

You are all very welcome.

And to Lives:
Lives wrote:What! Nobody has already said to you!?

...THANK
MERCI
DANK
GRACIAS
ميرسي
GRAZIE
СПАСИБО
TAKK
VĂ MULŢUMESC
ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΟΥΜΕ...

:mrgreen:

And in Finnish, please! :wink:

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:14 am

Incredible! You could be 2 inches taller for just $1.98!

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:59 am

Another Elvis related item from this magazine. A bit sadder, though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:00 am

The fool wrote:You are all very welcome.

And to Lives:
Lives wrote:What! Nobody has already said to you!?

...THANK
MERCI
DANK
GRACIAS
ميرسي
GRAZIE
СПАСИБО
TAKK
VĂ MULŢUMESC
ΕΥΧΑΡΙΣΤΟΥΜΕ...

:mrgreen:

And in Finnish, please! :wink:


kiitos

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:10 am

paulsweeney wrote:kiitos

Ole hyva.
You are welcome.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:15 am

Interesting read, thank you.
Twenty-two years ago my husband wasn't allowed to hold our baby either, except the first time he was brought to me out of the incubator (standard routine in that hospital just after birth), a few hours after birth. Then he wasn't allowed into the baby unit at all while we were in hospital. He was allowed to be present during labour and birth though. I had to hit someone, after all.
Some hospitals have no idea.

Question: if it was a 'normal birth' why did Priscilla have a 'general anaesthetic'?

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:10 pm

good question, how can one have a natural birth while mom is totally sleeping......Something doesn't add.

I discussed this procedure with my mom. She gave birth to me in 1966. She said they used a kind of gaz to have the mom in a very relaxed mood. They called it laughing gaz but don't know the exact word for it in english (sorry).

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Weekend mag UK March 1968..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:36 pm

I talked with Mr Elliott quite awhile ago and he sent me some of his papers/opinions of how things were when Cilla had Lisa. I was surprised but appreciative that he'd do that. Most of Memphis people are pretty nice to visit with. Things were different in the '60s for sure. :D

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:02 pm

riley wrote:good question, how can one have a natural birth while mom is totally sleeping......Something doesn't add.

I discussed this procedure with my mom. She gave birth to me in 1966. She said they used a kind of gaz to have the mom in a very relaxed mood. They called it laughing gaz but don't know the exact word for it in english (sorry).


Yes but the use of a gas and air mixture is standard and one thing, while general anaesthetic is another. You can't give birth naturally under a general anaesthetic. Maybe it was an early epidural and the reporter didn' t know the name.

Re: From Delivery Room to Nursery (Movie Mirror, May 1968)

Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:06 pm

I like that Rudolph Valentino is also on the front page of Weekend.
Shades of Harum Scarum.