Hollywood Screen Parade, July 1957

Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:48 am

Two nice photos from this magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Hollywood Screen Parade, July 1957

Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:18 pm

The first appears to be a rehearsal reading of the Loving You script with Elvis, Lizabeth Scott and Director Hal Kanter. I'm guessing February or March of 1957.

The second is from the rehearsal of the Steve Allen show.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:18 am

Mike C wrote:The first appears to be a rehearsal reading of the Loving You script with Elvis, Lizabeth Scott and Director Hal Kanter. I'm guessing February or March of 1957.

It would more likely be early February if they were running down a scene. davide might know more.

Love the shot, it must be in Elvis' hotel suite at the Knickerbocker, or perhaps his dressing room at Paramount.

Thanks, as always, The fool.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:38 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Mike C wrote:The first appears to be a rehearsal reading of the Loving You script with Elvis, Lizabeth Scott and Director Hal Kanter. I'm guessing February or March of 1957.

It would more likely be early February if they were running down a scene. davide might know more.

Love the shot, it must be in Elvis' hotel suite at the Knickerbocker, or perhaps his dressing room at Paramount.

Thanks, as always, The fool.

To the fool - thanks for the Loving You shot, I had a poor quality/cropped version here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=47355, great to see it in this quality - can't help with any timeframe I'm afraid.

Davide