G.I. Blues interview (with photos)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:55 am

This article is from the November 1960 issue of Movieland and TV Time magazine. I thought some of you might enjoy this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: G.I. Blues interview (with photos)

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:16 am

Thank you very much, great magazine, wonderful photos. I will read the article tomorrow mornig, with a coffe (or two) and an electronic cigarette (i try to quit smoking...)
Again (you know how i love old magazines) but you have bigger scans? :lol:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:44 am

Great pics and article! Thanks for posting!

Elvis is quoted..."I'm still me. If there were a new Elvis, he'd being a phony, and I'd rather go back to driving a truck than be a phony. I mean that."

Last page at the bottom below The End.... (Elvis Presley is in Paramount Pictures' "G.I. Blues" and "Hawaii Beach Boy," United Artists "Pioneer Go Home!" and 20th Century-Fox's "Black Star.")

G.I. Blues was part of Parker's plan to soften Elvis' rebel image and Parker already had "Blue Hawaii" and "Follow That Dream" in the works.

Elvis was unhappy with the song selection in G.I. Blues.

Back in 1960, Elvis and Parker were not on the same page with what Elvis wanted. This was the time for Elvis to have told Parker to “Hit The Road Andreas and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more.”

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:20 am

Thanks for posting the article, I have not seen it before.

Davide

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 am

Six more pages from the same magazine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:22 am

The last two pages.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:04 am

Thanks for posting addtional pages. A lot of Great pics! Great article! really enjoyed reading it!

Interesting reading (last page at bottom) when she says, "Elvis is a conserative dresser, which somewhat surprised me after having seen so many pictures of the gaudy cloths he used to wear. I wouldn't be surprised if the big change that must have come about in Elvis was due to primarily to his army days." Makes me think again about "what if" Elvis didn't go into the army.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:12 am

EPA4368 wrote:Thanks for posting addtional pages. A lot of Great pics! Great article! really enjoyed reading it!

You´re welcome, EPA4368.

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 pm

MARVELLOUS!!! Thanks. I must try and hunt that mag down. (I'll be lucky!) :cry:

Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Thanks for posting this magazine and photos The Fool.i really enjoyed reading it

Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:29 pm

That was a very nice read. Thank you !

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:12 pm

I wonder if this is the same item with cover variation???!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:15 am

Never seen these before. Thank you ::rocks

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:08 pm

TONY. wrote:I wonder if this is the same item with cover variation???!!!!

No, that´s the October issue. The articles I posted are from the November issue.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:46 pm

I now have the october issue of the same mag. Elvis is featured on 9 pages and there's also an interview with Marilyn Monroe!!!! In one of the articles, Elvis answers stories that he hates his stepmother!!
Here's a couple of pages;
MOVIELAND1.jpg
MOVIELAND2.jpg

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 am

TONY. wrote:I now have the october issue of the same mag. Elvis is featured on 9 pages and there's also an interview with Marilyn Monroe!!!! In one of the articles, Elvis answers stories that he hates his stepmother!!
Here's a couple of pages;
MOVIELAND1.jpg
MOVIELAND2.jpg
Fantastic! Thank you for posting ::rocks .

Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:09 pm

a great reading :) thank you so much for bringing this rare magazine pictures

Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Interesting read. Thanks !!

Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:56 pm

If you have anymore, please share them! ::rocks

Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:18 am

TONY. wrote:I now have the october issue of the same mag. Elvis is featured on 9 pages and there's also an interview with Marilyn Monroe!!!! In one of the articles, Elvis answers stories that he hates his stepmother!!
Here's a couple of pages

Thank you very much, great photos, great magazine!!
Can you post a scan for this magazine, please? Only Elvis pages, of course. I said a scan becouse is much better than photographing the magazine with a camera.