You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
1Sixstring
Registered for: 11 years 3 months

Elvis interview August 1st 1954 help finding

Post by 1Sixstring »

Hello folks
Does anyone on here know anything about an interview done by Elvis on August 1st 1954 at radio station in West Memphis / East Arkansas?

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed before. I'm a newbie here and I tried doing a search, but didn't find any info.
If it is here somewhere and I missed it please feel free to direct me towards the original post.

I've stumbled across various sites on the internet in the last few months referencing a visit to a radio station from Elvis on the above date. I'm curious if there was an actual interview done or it was just a visit? And if an interview, does the audio of that exist anywhere? If so where can I possibly hear it and/or purchase it if it's on an album.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/info.

Mr Songman
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Elvis interview August 1st 1954 help finding

Post by Mr Songman »

1Sixstring wrote:Hello folks
Does anyone on here know anything about an interview done by Elvis on August 1st 1954 at radio station in West Memphis / East Arkansas?

I apologize if this topic has already been discussed before. I'm a newbie here and I tried doing a search, but didn't find any info.
If it is here somewhere and I missed it please feel free to direct me towards the original post.

I've stumbled across various sites on the internet in the last few months referencing a visit to a radio station from Elvis on the above date. I'm curious if there was an actual interview done or it was just a visit? And if an interview, does the audio of that exist anywhere? If so where can I possibly hear it and/or purchase it if it's on an album.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/info.
Ive just seen this post.
The radio in question is KWEM of West Memphis, AR.
Show was hosted by Dick Stuart & Elvis Scotty & Bill performed both sides of their new single.

Hope it helps.

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Elvis interview August 1st 1954 help finding

Post by Tony.. »

Does it exist anywhere?