Writing a book on the Elvis movies

You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
JLNeibaur
Registered for: 11 years 6 months

Writing a book on the Elvis movies

Post by JLNeibaur »

I am currently on my 13th book (on old time comedian Charley Chase, who was at the Hal Roach studios with Laurel and Hardy, etc), but for my 14th I have decided to take a thorough look at the Elvis movies. They are often dismissed, but I think they are an important part of his legacy in entertainment. His innate talent extended to acting, and had it been better developed, Elvis might have enjoyed at least the same level of success in films as Frank Sinatra. I will welcome any opinions, info, ideas, etc, and will pay close attention to existing discussions about this portion of Elvis Presley's career.

James L. Neibaur

HoneyTalkNelson

Re: Writing a book on the Elvis movies

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

I am very happy to hear this. James does excellent work and the definitive book on Elvis' movies is LONG overdue!

I will be happy to assist in any way that I can.

Topic author
JLNeibaur

Post by JLNeibaur »

Thanks -- I am finishing another book and just conducting preliminary research now. So many books about Elvis but none concentrating on his film work with any real depth. Once I get into it more heavily I will post reports of my progress and will benefit a great deal from anything offered by serious Elvis fans and collectors. I want my book to be the definitive look at his screen work, of course.

eapjs

Post by eapjs »

Elvis Presley In Hollywood: Celluloid Sell Out by Gerry McLafferty was a cracking book on Elvis' movies...although it is over 20 years old.

Topic author
JLNeibaur

Post by JLNeibaur »

Thanks, I will get ahold of that book. I have many others, but they are all trivia books, picture books, etc. Nothing in-depth.

Jim

HoneyTalkNelson

Post by HoneyTalkNelson »

If Mr. Neibaur is writing a book on the Elvis movies, you know that it will be one of the best.

His excellent track record speaks for itself.