You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

LP Loving You - Question

Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:59 am

Hey Guys

I am looking to purchase The LP Loving You, there are hundreds of them on ebay but I want to get a first pressing. Can someone give me some hints about what to look for as far as stampings and numbers or even some album cover hints? Thanks!

If someone has one they want to unload send me a message.

Tony~

Re: LP Loving You - Question

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:15 pm

This is one aspect of collecting I always find confusing and hard to remember. Sometimes it comes down todifferent typefacing or wether or not the 'tax code' is on the lable!!!
I suggest you look at the tremendous book "Elvis UK" as that covers everything in great detail, including umpteen presses of each record!

Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:42 am

Hi,
UK VERSION:
The Loving You album was Elvis' first on the RCA label in the UK. It was released as a 10" mono LP. Catalogue No: RC-24001

UK Front cover
Loving You UK Front.jpg

UK Rear cover
Loving You UK Back.jpg

This release contained seven soundtrack songs and one studio cut (True Love).

This 10" lp was later repressed in the UK on the RCA VICTOR label in 1962.

UNITED STATES VERSION:
The US album was released on the RCA Victor label in mono as a 12" LP. Catalogue No: LPM-1515.

US Front Cover
lpm-1515a.jpg

The photographer's name (Bud Fraker) is printed on the bottom left corner.

US Rear cover
1515-lpm-01-cover-side2.jpg

This release contained seven songs from the movie on side 1, and five studio tracks as a bonus on side 2.

Note: Fans in the UK didn't receive this album in the same format as it was originally released in the US until after Elvis' death (October 1977)

Hope this helps!

Regards to all Elvis fans...

"I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to..."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:27 am

Blue-Gypsy wrote:Hey Guys

I am looking to purchase The LP Loving You, there are hundreds of them on ebay but I want to get a first pressing. Can someone give me some hints about what to look for as far as stampings and numbers or even some album cover hints? Thanks!

If someone has one they want to unload send me a message.

Tony~

This site is incredible, detailed and well worth checking out -->

www.elvisrecords.us | The Elvis Presley Record Research Database

Here's their page on 1957's Loving You:

LPM-1515 Loving You