You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Camp Elvis?

Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:11 pm

I saw on Elvis.com that a group of little kids visited Graceland as part of their boys and girls camp. This made me think of a wonderful way in getting young kids involved with Elvis at an early age. How about EPE do a "Camp Elvis" summer camp where kids go to Graceland for a week and learn all about him and his impact on pop culture today. From his influence on The Beatles to Beyonce and Miley. They could go on field trips to Sun studio on one day and down to Tupelo another. And at the end of the week they get quizzed on what they learned. This then would stick in their heads forever and would have appreciation for Elvis that they could pass down to their children one day. That's really the only way it can be passed down is by the current generation.

The camp could be from ages 8-15.

I came up with this idea because I've been trying to get my kid sister into at least liking Elvis. But she doesn't because she's too young to understand his importance. She thinks Miley Cyrus is bigger than Elvis and when Miley did the Elvis skit on Hannah Montana she just rolled her eyes because she knows I'm a big Elvis fan. Although, she loves her stuffed Elvis bear with the jumpsuit and glasses that we got her at Graceland.

Hopefully Sillerman has this in store for their long term expansion plans to include a camp Elvis for boys and girls.

Re: Camp Elvis?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:00 am

Will they be pitching tents?!

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:17 am

Lawdy,lawdy,lawdy!

How about a Bing Crosby Camp!

A Frank Sinatra Camp!

Or just go to complete brain washing camp!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Or how about letting kids grow up and finding their own pleasures.

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 am

LMAO @ Funky.

Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:57 pm

Camp Elvis?

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A ...