You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis was supposed to play the bad guy in a Bond movie?!?!

Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:03 pm

I was reading a local news website, in which the story goes that an unfilmed Bond script (that was supposedly written in 1976) was sold for nearly 50 thousand pounds in London - in which Elvis was supposed to play the bad guy!!

The script's name was Warhead and the author was Kevin McClory [mind you, trying to find that together on Google doesn't bring any results up], and that guy is supposed to, according to the news article, to have written the movie "Funeral In Berlin" with Michael Caine in it - but when checking that out on IMDB.com you'll see that the writers for that were Len Deighton (novel) and Evan Jones (screenplay)!

The James Bond part was supposed to be played by Sean Connery, but by that time Roger Moore had taken over! The girl of the movie was supposed to be Greta Garbo, who - according to IMDB.com played in her last movie in 1941!!

The press here never seem to be truthful about any thing Elvis related :( - oh, and the picture of Priscilla on the right is about how "disgusting" her lips are!! (*sigh* just do an image search on Google for "Cat woman" and you'll see a whole lot worse!!)

Only article I could find on News.google.com was this one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... 50000.html (and that one never mentions Elvis playing a bad guy in a Bond movie in 1976!!)

Re: Elvis was supposed to play the bad guy in a Bond movie?!?!

Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:03 am

lol

Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:09 am

Jth wrote:I was reading a local news website, in which the story goes that an unfilmed Bond script (that was supposedly written in 1976) was sold for nearly 50 thousand pounds in London - in which Elvis was supposed to play the bad guy!!

Not true a-tall.

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Hey Doctor John Carpenter,

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE . After a-tall he portrayed you and I in his last two movies in CHANGE OF HABIT and TROUBLE WITH GIRLS (AND HOW TO GET INTO IT) respectively in 1969. hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha ha ha !!!!

Doc, Happy New Year to you my friend!

Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:12 pm

walter hale wrote:Hey Doctor John Carpenter,

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE .
After a-tall he portrayed you and I in his last two movies in CHANGE OF HABIT and TROUBLE WITH GIRLS (AND HOW TO GET INTO IT) respectively in 1969. hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha ha ha !!!!

Do you know, that Walter Hale bit went right over my head until I just read this post !

Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 pm

ColinB wrote:[Do you know, that Walter Hale bit went right over my head until I just read this post !

Et moi.

This film script story seems to leak like a sieve btw.

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:00 am

Jth wrote:I was reading a local news website, in which the story goes that an unfilmed Bond script (that was supposedly written in 1976) was sold for nearly 50 thousand pounds in London - in which Elvis was supposed to play the bad guy!!

The script's name was Warhead and the author was Kevin McClory [mind you, trying to find that together on Google doesn't bring any results up], and that guy is supposed to, according to the news article, to have written the movie "Funeral In Berlin" with Michael Caine in it - but when checking that out on IMDB.com you'll see that the writers for that were Len Deighton (novel) and Evan Jones (screenplay)!

The James Bond part was supposed to be played by Sean Connery, but by that time Roger Moore had taken over! The girl of the movie was supposed to be Greta Garbo, who - according to IMDB.com played in her last movie in 1941!!

The press here never seem to be truthful about any thing Elvis related :( - oh, and the picture of Priscilla on the right is about how "disgusting" her lips are!! (*sigh* just do an image search on Google for "Cat woman" and you'll see a whole lot worse!!)

Only article I could find on News.google.com was this one: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... 50000.html (and that one never mentions Elvis playing a bad guy in a Bond movie in 1976!!)

Kevin McClory collaborated with Ian Fleming on what later became Fleming's novel, Thunderball. The end result was that McClory caused all sorts of trouble for the Bond film franchise, including details such as them having to ditch Blofeld and SPECTRE as bad guys, and he basically remade Thunderball (the most successful Bond film and one I think is not all that good) as the pretty bad Never Say Never Again, with Sean Connery back as Bond in a film that's not considered part of the canonical series. Warhead was supposed to be another McClory Bond outing. I've never seen that Elvis was considered for a part in it but I vaguely recall seeing another Bond project (or perhaps it was just a very similar property) that was allegedly established (I think in the '60s...I have no recollection of the title, other than that I think it sounded very abstract) with the idea of including Elvis; most likely, that tidbit was also false.

The script for Warhead, supposedly cowritten by McClory, Sean Connery, and Len Deighton, was sold at auction last year for oodles of money.