You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Michael Jackson - Thinks he is bigger than Elvis and the Bea

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:43 pm

Michael Jackson - Thinks he is bigger than Elvis and the Beatles
May 21, 1:01 AM · 233 comments

http://www.examiner.com/x-7494-LA-Gossi ... ?#comments
The King of PoopMichael Jackson, who begins his This is It concert run at the O2 arena in London this summer, apparently thinks he is bigger than the Beatles and Elvis. I am told that the alleged King of (kiddie) Poop will perform one song (I wasn’t told which one) that will compare his achievements with Elvis and the Beatles and will show how Michael is on top. The performance allegedly ends with the statement “King of Rock, Pop, and Soul” flashing on the screen.

If all this is true, Michael Jackson is even more of a joke than people ever though he was. Not only did he weasel his way out of two child molestation cases, but his comebacks have been laughable. Back in 1995, Michael Jackson began a Nazi like campaign complete with statues of himself that sailed all over the world. His attempts to top the charts failed miserably, although he was able to get a number one single – You Are Not Alone – by deep discounting the single to ninety-nince cents, one third the cost of regular singles.

In 2001, Michael held a concert dedication to himself at Madison Square Garden in New York City, complete with several special guests to boost his credibility. The television ratings for the concert were very high, but the reviews were brutal. His album Invincible, released around the same time, was an international bomb.

If Michael Jackson is the “musical genius” he and his fans claim he is, then why can’t he just sit down, write his own songs (without relying on several hip producers), play his own instruments, and launch an album without the desperate amount of self-produced hype he usually puts forward? Don’t get me wrong: Michael Jackson was an entertainment phenomenon during the 1980s. However, his relevance and success has considerably dwindled since the early nineties. Elvis Presley may have died and the Beatles may have split up, but both acts can still be mentioned without laughing. Mentioning Michael Jackson's name these days not only brings laughs, but gasps of disgust as well.

Re: Michael Jackson - Thinks he is bigger than Elvis and the Bea

Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:44 am

Nothing is worse than self bloviating!
A talent way back when, but he really is pathetic now! At least EP was humble.

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:53 am

A bigger nutcase than Elvis, Beatles in India and Joe Cocker all put together - yes i'd agree with that

Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:58 am

He also believes his nose is improved

Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Jeff H wrote:Nothing is worse than self bloviating!

Too physically demanding to even consider.................................