You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis heard on TV

Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:20 am

last night on the episode of bones "woman in the sand"--the episode takes place in vegas, and you can hear elvis singing viva las vegas in the opening of the teaser. the burning love car commercial also aired during the episode.

double duty on wednesday--parts of two of his songs played on tv in the same hour.

http://creative.myspace.com/VOD/bones/index.html

you can watch the episode here, or see how the song was used in the beginning (first thing heard in the episode, so you won't have to watch long).

actor, david boreanaz (seeley booth on bones), used to be angel on the tv shows, buffy and angel. an episode of angel called "the house always wins" also was done in vegas and had viva las vegas in it, except it was a horrid cover version. though there was a huge elvis reference in the episode besides that, as well. as far as i've counted between buffy and angel, elvis was referenced 4 times by name (bewitched bothered and bewildered, wild at heart, five by five, the house always wins), 1 in the phrase "...has left the building" (salvage), and another using a cover of viva (the house always wins).

not that i'm a fan or anything. :lol:

but yeah, just wanted to let you know about hearing viva and burning love on tv yesterday.

the time-life infomercials running yesterday also used elvis footage and are you lonesome tonight? i think... but those infomercials run pretty frequently.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:50 am

yesterday on fox news, one of the nascar guys, jeff gordon, was on and made a comment that dale earnhart was approachable to middle america like john wayne, clint eastwood and elvis presley.

then in the next segment, they went through the list of celebrities who were also veterans...and they really focused in particular on elvis presley and clark gable. elvis was called the most famous veteran. it was a veteran's day snippit.

today the disney channel has been running lilo and stitch 2: stitch has a glitch (don't ask why i was watching it--i didn't even think they'd spend the money for a sequel to use elvis, but they did)... anyway they used several elvis songs in the sequel, and his image in a few spots.

Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:08 pm

Thanks for sharing that with us Elvis' Babe, very interesting to say the least!

Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:03 pm

Thank you, Babe. Nice words about Elvis.

Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:36 am

there's an elvis cd on the tv guide cover.

the tv guide channel's behind the scenes thing on the elvis-themed episode of las vegas featured the background videos having elvis concert footage from the '70s (quite surprisingly) all over them.