You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Local radio stations

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:50 pm

How often do you`r local radio stations play Elvis :?:
About 1 year ago we made a local Elvis fan club and our local medias became very interestet about what was going on and since then they have played Elvis almost every day.
I think Elvis needs to be heard more by young people, if they don`t they will never know what they are missing :!:
We can all frequently request Elvis songs on our local radio stations and make them listen. :D

Re: Local radio stations

Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:11 pm

elvisa wrote:How often do you`r local radio stations play Elvis :?:
About 1 year ago we made a local Elvis fan club and our local medias became very interestet about what was going on and since then they have played Elvis almost every day.
I think Elvis needs to be heard more by young people, if they don`t they will never know what they are missing :!:
We can all frequently request Elvis songs on our local radio stations and make them listen. :D

The odd times I do listen to the radio, the Beatles are played 5 times to Elvis' one, pretty sad if you ask me. No offense to the Beatles music, just to show how EP's music gets taken for granted.

Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:55 am

I was always lucky to have a local Elvis show on the radio, for the past 28 years.

It's called the "Elvis & Friends Show", with Rockin' Ron Cade. He has done, and continues to do, a great job. He plays Elvis from 7 am to 10 am every Sunday on 98.1 FM radio in Philadelphia.

http://memphismemoriesproductions.com/show.htm

Rich

Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:00 am

I hardly ever hear an Elvis tune on the local radio...and that is very sad too...

That's why i switched to Sirius radio where Elvis has his own station!!! 8)

Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:13 pm

At my workplace the radio station that is on the speaker system plays Suspcious Minds about 3 times a week.It's the only Elvis song that they play.While driving the one hour to get home every day I listen to an am station that plays old country.They play a fair amount of Elvis and they get several requests for it.The other day they played the the first 2 tracks off the MSG lp which surprised me.Not much of a chance for young people to discover Elvis on the radio Im afraid.They are not listening to stations whose format would allow for the playing of his music.
Jak

Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:28 am

One of the radio stations I work for plays Elvis on a fairly regular basis. It is an oldies station, and you will commonly hear "Suspicious Minds," "Burning Love," and a few others you would expect. During Elvis Week, or his birthday, you'll hear the laughing version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" and other rare nuggets, even "G.I. Blues," which is very unusual.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:00 am

the oldies am stations play ep all the time.
one station plays obscure hits like just tell her jim said hello and others.
my friend is a program director at one of the local stations i get him to play ep off and on.

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:12 am

Brad M wrote:That's why i switched to Sirius radio where Elvis has his own station!

I have Sirius too and I haven't listened to regular radio in over a year (and have no immediate plans to). I listen to other channels, but I quite often tune in to see what's happening on channel 13 (Elvis Radio).

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:59 am

The place I hear Elvis the most is in the grocery store or Wal-Mart. Seems like every time I go to one I hear EP.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:26 pm

My local station plays Elvis all the time. The Girl Of My Best Friend was on just the other day. Burning Love last week. Last night they played three in a row - It's Now Or Never, Are You Lonesome Tonight and Wooden Heart.