You can add here the info of Elvis in the media

Elvis in the new issue of Record Collector.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:39 pm

This months Record Collector has 19 pages dedicated to Elvis,
there's interviews with D.J Fontana Ernst Jogensen & an article
by Bob Solly on collecting Elvis which also has a seleccted US 45s Discography.

8)

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:23 pm

GREAT!

I'll look for it!

Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:40 pm

Thanks for that. I'll be getting it today. 8)

Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:34 am

Just picked up my issue the UK's Record Collector, featuring Elvis as the cover artist.

Articles include pieces on collecting Elvis records and CDs, as well as what appear to be terrific, extensive interviews with D.J. Fontana and Ernst Jorgensen. I'm off to go read the issue!

(For those who cannot find it in their country, please send me a P.M. and I will be happy to swap for it.)

Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:02 am

When a cover shot emerges, someone will post it. I'm otherwise a strictly analogue photographer by and large. :lol:

Trust me, it's well worth picking up for the Ernst Jorgensen interview which is more in depth than the recent ones we've posted here.

A few of the choice comments deserve quoting and discussion here as well. Some of Jorgensen's comments better flesh out some of the prevailing "wisdom" over at SONY/BMG and is slightly more convincing than what I've seen.

There is, however, an overly-laudatory multi-paragraph introduction to the piece by Ken Sharp, in which you'd think that Jorgensen or the label didn't have any critics.

It's well worth the read and lengthier than what has been seen in awhile. The article does drive home the somewhat shopworn notion that that we still have to be thankful there is an Ernst in Elvisdom. Well done.